VIMY VICKERS

That's absolutely magnificent. I have the Alcock & Brown transatlantic version of the kit which has slightly different plastic but is mostly the same, and I never thought it could turn out as well as this. Are those rib tapes really just paint effects? They are so convincing.

• Like 1

Very nice again Mikhail - not easy to get something that nice from the old Frog kit! The rib effect is excellent and your rigging technique is outstanding! Not sure about the shade of green - seems a little bright to my eyes but I am no expert.

Cheers

Malcolm

8 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Снова очень мило, Михаил - не так просто получить что-то приятное из старого набора Frog! Эффект ребра превосходен, а ваша техника такова! Не уверен насчет оттенка зеленого - мне это кажется немного ярким, но я не эксперт.

ура

Малькольм

3 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Это абсолютно великолепно. У меня есть трансатлантическая версия набора Alcock & Brown, которая имеет немного другой пластик, но в основном она такая же, и я никогда не думала, что она может оказаться такой же, как эта. Эти ребра на самом деле являются просто эффектами краски? Они такие убедительные.

9 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Снова очень мило, Михаил - не так просто получить что-то приятное из старого набора Frog! Эффект ребра превосходен, а ваша техника такова! Не уверен насчет оттенка зеленого - мне это кажется немного ярким, но я не эксперт.

ура

Малькольм

Thank you, my technique of selecting ribs is quite primitive and is one of the most common. There are much more ways, more plausible. Sincerely, Mikhailspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Wow, what an acomplishment! This looks fantastic, the rigging the wings, really everything about it and the fact that you did this with and older kit is just amazing.  Congratulations and thanks for the additional tutorial on the rib tapes, simple approach but it really looks great.

On 08.03.2020 at 22:15, Baldy said:

ура

Малькольм

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Хорошо сделано. Я согласен с Балди насчет зеленого ... слишком свежо. Кроме того, расскажите мне о затенении на концах распорок? Я никогда не видел этого раньше.

Hi, everybody. By the shade of green, maybe I didn't quite hit the mark. I looked at analogs on the Internet, the color of English planes of those years and their replicas displayed in museums. But perhaps the shade did not convey exactly. And the darkening at the ends of the struts will be considered my desire to diversify the color scheme a little. In reality, this was not the case. Thank you, sincerely, Mikhail

• Like 1

On 08.03.2020 at 19:23, Work In Progress said:

Это абсолютно великолепно. У меня есть трансатлантическая версия набора Alcock & Brown, которая имеет немного другой пластик, но в основном она такая же, и я никогда не думала, что она может оказаться такой же, как эта. Эти ребра на самом деле являются просто эффектами краски? Они такие убедительные.

Thank you, I haven't reached the transatlantic version yet, but my son and I put together Vimy Commercial three or four years ago.spacer.png

• Like 4