1/72 Cougar & Cutlass

I had the three Cutlass kits that Fujimi produced and gave them away. I've often wondered how the kit goes together. Your build, which is very nice, shows the kit produces a really nice model. Your Cougar is every bit as nice. You can display both of them proudly. 

Nice builds! Why not keep going on the 1950s USN theme, Skyray, Phantom I, Banshee etc? It's fertile ground!

The Cutlass really looks like a wrong 'un, doesn't it? And it was...😖

A couple of nice-looking carrier jets.

I daresay they were keen to prototype many different shapes and configurations in those times!

Great work on both!

:clap:

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking duo. :worthy:... Im going to be starting my Cutlass tomorrow, anything I need to know ? 

I finished a Fujimi cutlass about 3 years ago. Dropped it in its nose. Split the nose assembly and intake fairings off. 
I put it the box and back on the shelf. After this past Christmas I put it back together, now I have to paint and prime again. 

as said earlier, nice job on the wing fold. Rarely seen for this kit. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking duo. :worthy:... Im going to be starting my Cutlass tomorrow, anything I need to know ? 

thanks for the comments

decals are a bit thick for this scale

also, adhesion is poor, due to years i assume.

don't forget to weight the nose

• Thanks 1

Your Cutlass makes me wish someone would produce a really nice kit in 1/48 scale. There were indications a short while back that Kittyhawk was going to release one but that apparently got dumped, as did several other projected models, for a series of helicopter kits. On the other hand, I understand Kittyhawk does produce nice helicopter kits.  🙂 Just wish they'd revisit the Cutlass release.