Halfords Appliance White question

feoffee2

Hi

I am planning on switching to using Halfords appliance white as many of you do to paint my airliners. However I wondered if anyone knows if it reacts with any other brands of paint or if there is any varnishes it doesn't like. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

I don't know if there's anything as easy to use but I like Halford's white, it's extremely durable so doesn't get damaged easily, very easy to use and reliable to get good results. If you want to do heavier preshading and stuff, probably best to paint a regular white on them a gloss coat.

As far as I can tell it's acrylic paint and has never had any issues reacting to stuff. Just probably sand down excess overspray as paint does not like to adhere to it at all. 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

Don't apply it over anything but acrylic or lacquer primer. I used it over some enamel base white and the Appliance White literally melted the enamel off the plastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to (kind of) hijack the thread, but I've seen Halford's Appliance White mentioned numerous times now, but can't for the life of me find it?

Has Halford's changed the name of the product? Is there an equivalent?

I'm about to start painting an Alitalia MD-80, and I actually have Vallejo Model Colour Gloss White ready to go, but the general consensus seems to be that this Halford's stuff is the way to go?

4 hours ago, Shashman said:

Sorry to (kind of) hijack the thread, but I've seen Halford's Appliance White mentioned numerous times now, but can't for the life of me find it?

Has Halford's changed the name of the product? Is there an equivalent?

It's not a car colour and is usually located with the primers, basic black and such.

Halfords Gloss WHITE Spray Paint 500ml 708784 is what you want. With the stock number they should be able to find it for you. He said hopefully. It's the same stuff with a different name. As with the others you'll find with it.

You'll need a primer under it or it could get emotional.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

It's not a car colour and is usually located with the primers, basic black and such.

Halfords Gloss WHITE Spray Paint 500ml 708784 is what you want. With the stock number they should be able to find it for you. He said hopefully. It's the same stuff with a different name. As with the others you'll find with it.

You'll need a primer under it or it could get emotional.

Cheers mate, that's exactly the information I was after.

This reminds me of trying to find out what "Clear" was known as these days, and in the UK 😅

I also hear that their "Racking grey" is a decent colour for airliner wings, correct?

Edited by Shashman
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, Alan P said:

Don't apply it over anything but acrylic or lacquer primer. I used it over some enamel base white and the Appliance White literally melted the enamel off the plastic!

Glad stumbled across this thread was about to use what I think is enamel white primer on my A380 before then using AW on it after, saved me what would be very painfull, Ill have to order some halfords primer via click and collect 

• Like 1