1/72 and 1/48 Trumpeter FW 200 Condor

leyreynolds

3 hours ago, leyreynolds said:

Can anyone offer comments on these kits please or perhaps point me to reviews?

Can't comment personally as I've never built one, although I'd love the 1/48 version if it wasn't for the space required!  As for reviews, Scalemates is your friend:  https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=trumpeter+fw+200+condor  

This will take you to reviews of both scales.  Hope this helps.

Edited by 593jones

3 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

The Revell kit is a lot more accurate in 1/72

For what it's worth, I'm with WIP on this one; I have the Trumpeter and Revell Condors, and I think the Revell kit is the better detailed and more accurate of the two- be careful with the undercart, as true to it's namesake, it's kinda weak! Revell did two different versions, one with the Hs293 air to sea missiles, IIRC.

Mike

There are three 1/72 Revell kits.

The first is the very old late 60s kit with raised rivets etc. Overall it isn't bad. But superseded by the second kit. 

The second was a kit released IIRC released about ten years ago which is (or was) state of the art for the time.

The third Revell 1/72 kit is of the civilian Condor and again IIRC dates back to the late 90s? That has all the civilian features and can be made into quite a nice model.   

4 minutes ago, MilneBay said:

There are three 1/72 Revell kits.

The first is the very old late 60s kit with raised rivets etc. Overall it isn't bad. But superseded by the second kit. 

The second was a kit released IIRC released about ten years ago which is (or was) state of the art for the time.

The third Revell 1/72 kit is of the civilian Condor and again IIRC dates back to the late 90s? That has all the civilian features and can be made into quite a nice model.   

There are four 1/72 Revell kits: the three that you mention but your 2nd (the latest and best) comes, as @72modelersays, in separate Fw 200C-4 recce bomber and Fw 200C-5/8 Hs 293 missile carrier flavours.  The civilian one was issued both as a civilian and a Luftwaffe transport version but AFAIK only the transfers were different.

2 hours ago, Seahawk said:

The civilian one was issued both as a civilian and a Luftwaffe transport version but AFAIK only the transfers were different.

That is correct.  This kit was also issued by ACE out of Korea (they also issued several other Revell kits under their label, the F-101 Voodoo comes to mind).  I was told that ACE had made those kits for Revell, not sure how true that is, but it remains, if you see the civilian Fw.200 (or F-101 Voodoo) in the ACE boxing, it is the same kit.