Hello Everyone... Its been a bit since I last posted an RFI for my Priller build. I present to you his last warplane of the war. It is Fw.190D9 “Black 14”, there is some debate that Josef Priller actually flew this plane. I choose to think he did, its known that Jg.26 flew the type and he was with the unit until January 28th 1945.
2yOVuuH.jpg

EJJlePZ.jpg

sZW1y1u.jpg

xy9yNij.jpg

0pBQwLv.jpg

a99NGA8.jpg

ILvRNnc.jpg

gJ6yqNo.jpg

duxg5nM.jpg

IPpheCG.jpg

OQJGTp0.jpg

HzYI1iv.jpg

2kJxfXo.jpg

Zjc11zg.jpg

And a family photo of the completed builds to date. From front right Bf.109E7, Front left Fw.190A3. Rear right Fw.190A5 & left rear the Dora. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 30

Splendid work Dennis. The owner of an LHS is asking 104$ for the Hasegawa boxing of Priller's plane and car.

I was also thinking on buying the Dragon kit with markings for Priller's Fw 190A-8, but after experiencing their D-9, I may as well buy an A-4M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

was also thinking on buying the Dragon kit with markings for Priller's Fw 190A-8, but after experiencing their D-9, I may as well buy an A-4M.

The Dragon kits we're based on the old Tri-Master kits. They were state of the art in the late 1980’s when the showed up and were quite expensive compared to other products. Nowadays the Eduard Dora and other Fw’s are really some of the best you can get. If you have aftermarket decals then the Eduard overtrees are a killer deal. They're the same kit minus the instructions, decals, and all the bells and whistles. Decals are available on line and can be downloaded or screenshot photo’d. Ive done this many times. The Tamiya Dora and A8 or F8 in 1/48th are also very good kits Ive built them all. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Cool! I'm building the Academy and Hase kits atm, but I didn't realise the HB Dora looked this good.

But.. where are the exhaust stacks..?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luka said:

Cool! I'm building the Academy and Hase kits atm, but I didn't realise the HB Dora looked this good.

But.. where are the exhaust stacks..?

:rage: i knew i forgot something !!! Will take care of that right after lunch.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Lovely build on that Dennis, you've done a cracking job on that scheme, they might have been "the baddies" but their schemes were brilliant. I too am impressed at the HB kit coming up so well & I too didn't notice the lack of Xorsts. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely build on that Dennis, you've done a cracking job on that scheme, they might have been "the baddies" but their schemes were brilliant. I too am impressed at the HB kit coming up so well & I too didn't notice the lack of Xorsts. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve... one can only do Olive drab over Neutral grey or grey jets so many times before its gets mind numbingly boring. So i do German planes because the camouflage is so diverse it keeps it interesting. 

• Like 1

Well done, Dennis. How are you applying the paint, are you brushing or spraying? As I mentioned at the beginning of this project, I think it’s great that you’re building with a theme. The “Family Photo” is awesome!

On 3/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, Sturmovik said:

The owner of an LHS is asking 104$ for the Hasegawa boxing of Priller's plane and car.

This kit is next in my queue, I bought it many years ago at a model show. I can tell you it was for a heck of a lot less than $104! I just checked and there’s one on eBay for $44.99, I think the LHS may be barking up the wrong tree...

• Like 1

Hi Dennis,

great Dora. Congrats!

The kit looks actually quite nice. The only thing that  makes me kind of cringe, is the fabric texture on the ailerons and tail planes... but that should be easy enough to fix if a faint-hearted modeler like myself does not like it!

Great work.

JR

• Thanks 1