Eduard 1/48 Tempest V Series 1. Update 07/10/21- Engine fitted.

18 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow, the engine looks gorgeous great work indeed Iain.  Hope everything goes well with the fitting.

Chris

Hey Chris 

Cheers buddy. She's had a satin coat and I'm just gonna let it dry for 24 hours before I start any weathering.

16 hours ago, RichieW said:

Looks fantastic! The engine looks like it's ready to roar into life.

Richie

Thanks buddy I appreciate it.

Cheers guys

Iain

• Like 2

Hey everyone

Just another small update on My Tempest I've actually managed to fit the engine to the airframe, its not the best of fit but it should do the job. To attach it I used Loctite 60 second super glue which is a kind of gel

and it gave me enough time to get the motor in as good a position as I could before it was put to one side and allow to set..

P1040337

And once she had been curing for about 20 minutes I took the plunge and dry fitted the undercarriage...

P1040335

ooops just noticed the bar that goes across the top of the engine has fallen off..

P1040331

and I finished off the gun bays..

P1040333

I'm going to put it to one side now and let the motor settle into its new home before I carry out the final assembly.

Cheers all

Iain

• Like 8

• (ex)Sgtrafman changed the title to Eduard 1/48 Tempest V Series 1. Update 07/10/21- Engine fitted.

Looking really good Iain - I've got (another) one of these in the stash, and your build is certainly inspiring!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Glad the engine has in okay it does look fantastic and the undercarriage looks to have a good fit if just dry fitted.

Great job

Chris

As ever thanks for the kind words mate. I’ll hopefully get her finished at the weekend and the undercarriage permanently attached 🤞

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

This is a fantastic effort Iain, not my usual scale hence me needing a big catch up but I do like the big Hawkers, & this one is terrific. Nice going.  :)

Steve.

Hey Steve thank for the kind words, mate I really appreciate it.

9 hours ago, Dunny said:

Looking really good Iain - I've got (another) one of these in the stash, and your build is certainly inspiring!

Cheers,

Roger

They are great little kits aren’t they, I have a MK.II. In the stash that will be built after my Harrier.

Gents thanks for the comments.

All the best 

Iain

• Like 3