"New" Airfix Buccaneer 1/72

Looks really good.

I have mine ready to go but I just couldnt bring myself to do it until I had what, to my eye, was the right shade of Admiralty Grey. Tried the Airfix recommendations but no, just no. So the order will be shortly winging its way to get the Colourcoats tinlet and then away we go and hopefully I can get somewhere close to yours.

• Like 1

Very nice Tim!!!!!  I would have never known it to be a “quick build” if you did not mention it.  This kit has definitely piqued my interest through your recommendation.  👍

Mike

An absolutely stunning Buccaneer.  You've brought out thr type's peculiar combination of grace and brute strength beautifully.  I was so chuffed when Arifix announced this kit.  I only hope mine (although I'll no doubt eventually build several) turns out half as good as this.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:08 PM, Properjob56 said:

Looks really good.

I have mine ready to go but I just couldnt bring myself to do it until I had what, to my eye, was the right shade of Admiralty Grey. Tried the Airfix recommendations but no, just no. So the order will be shortly winging its way to get the Colourcoats tinlet and then away we go and hopefully I can get somewhere close to yours.

Lovely paints Colourcoats.  Slowly growing my stock

On 3/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, NoSG0 said:

Great job. Hard to believe it is 1/72nd.  Now for a new tool 1/48th!

Quite agree.  Do I have space for one (or two)?  who cares.

Tim

• Like 1

Just opened my box last night for the first time, to tuck the PE I just recieved away before I lose it!  The kit looks great and your finished model is fantastic!  I can't wait to get started on my own.

12 minutes ago, KingTiger435 said:

Great work!

Could I perhaps know what aftermarket you used for the ordnance in the bomb bay?

Thanks in advance.

The bombs I nicked from the Airfix Phantom FG1 kit (I'll use the rocket pods).  A bit of plastic strip to fit the mounting points (nicked that one from The General) to make fitting easier and job done with a blob of superglue. No other additions.

Tim

3 hours ago, Fishbed said:

The bombs I nicked from the Airfix Phantom FG1 kit (I'll use the rocket pods).  A bit of plastic strip to fit the mounting points (nicked that one from The General) to make fitting easier and job done with a blob of superglue. No other additions.

Tim

Thanks for the reply, what a coincidence, I have one in my stash:D

I hope my Bucc' will go as well as yours.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed and I love the very subtle difference in the upper and lower grey surfaces,..where the original white was over painted,.....or was that just the shine from the background?,.......Whatever the case,...... great stuff.

Edited by tonyot

9 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed and I love the very subtle difference in the upper and lower grey surfaces,..where the original white was over painted,.....or was that just the shine from the background?,.......Whatever the case,...... great stuff.

I'd love to take credit for the difference, but I fear it is but a trick of the light 🙂

Tim

• Like 1