Martlet Mk1 ++++ Finished ++++

The Martlet is nearly done. The canopy has been masked and painted, drying as I type. I have used the horizontal followed by vertical strips approach for the first time and it hasn't gone too bad. I did check the fit beforehand and a little fettling was required. Hopefully it will fit OK. I think there is a need for some black walkways on the wings, so I'll break out some transfer strips for them. 

resized_7e150e4a-f781-4f06-a41b-1bd312ab

resized_1d93f013-c1c6-453e-ac29-f6d23125

• Like 1

One thing that does need fix is the prop spinner which had a serious dent in it.  I've plopped on some PPP and will hopefully be able to sand it down. I've stuck it on the end of a cocktail stick with some PVA as it's too small and awkward to hold otherwise. The photo is not great but it shows where I am at. 

resized_20777ffe-0af2-482c-a7c8-beb183cf

On 4/9/2020 at 8:14 AM, DaveyGair said:

Nice job on a typically difficult 'short run' type kit, but always really satisfying when finished.

:goodjob:

Davey.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, Cookenbacher said:

Well done, this kit has a reputation for being very difficult and your build looks great.

Thanks Davey and Cookie. It wasn't the most straightforward build but some of the problems were of my own making. But it's turned out nice. Here we are with everything attached and I'm quite impressed with this new (for me) way of painting canopies. Just some walkways to organise and fit and this little Martlet is finished. 

resized_5a537d5b-68c6-486a-ae0e-fd19cde6

resized_8affc9ef-7291-43c9-b6d5-be46e928

resized_f03f6fec-43ad-4050-a7ae-08a6c112

• Like 2

I hadn't caught up with this in a while, just as well I did now, seeing as it's nearly finished, & nicely finished too. Its a kit I have in stock so I've noted the areas that gave you hassles & found the colour discussion most useful, hopefully I'll remember my copy of Britain alone come the time. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Finished and ready for the gallery

c24c029f-bda6-4071-8936-011b40740480.JPG

• Like 2