Jump to content

1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - test model+box art+schemes+decals+test sprues - release July 2022


Homebee
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - test model+box art+schemes+test sprues - release March 2022 ?
  • 2 months later...

Got a message from Jiri, the Vampire is in production and the release will be in May/June.

I´m going to visit HpH/Infinity Models on April, 1st, so more information on their future releases will follow.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - test model+box art+schemes+test sprues - release May-June 2022
  • 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0V78GRDr3xPKBwP7d4iDc69MYqwhb5GazDBAGAsxbQ2QmKm28fTBuRYTNpnPmxXPol&id=113222234718270

 

Quote

Our clients often ask about the most awaited project - Vampire DH.100, 1/32 scale.

The model is currently in the manufacturing stage, we waiting for a few other details, but the main part is ready.

Let's look at what we already have. Swipe the photos and check the stories today.

We'll show a lot of new things in the next posts. Stay in touch and don't miss our news

 

280652683-117704030936757-44594499961778


280934175-117704040936756-37470560897288


280831495-117704034270090-90974332527227

 

V.P.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SeaVenom said:

Be interesting to see how it compares to the recent Airfix kit.   If it's good I'll be getting some.

It will be bigger as the Airfix kit is in 1/48 scale.

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, flarpen said:

It will be bigger as the Airfix kit is in 1/48 scale.

 

 

I know but I'm talking about detail wise.   I haven't got round to getting the Airfix kit yet but I've built a few Special Hobby 1/72 Vamps and have one AZ Vamp too.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing this kit a little more closely, the over done rivets puts me off personally. I know all the arguments that they can be sanded and or filled or many will not even care about them. I got one of the Helldiver’s because I really like the aircraft, but after looking at it for a few days I moved it on because I just thought this is going to be HARD WORK. As much as I would love a 1/32 Vampire, I have a horrible feeling this will be the same, which is great pity as the future subjects really interest me as well, but the soft details and over emphasised surface details just make me think twice…..but I may succumb :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Looking forward to seeing this kit a little more closely, the over done rivets puts me off personally. I know all the arguments that they can be sanded and or filled or many will not even care about them. I got one of the Helldiver’s because I really like the aircraft, but after looking at it for a few days I moved it on because I just thought this is going to be HARD WORK. As much as I would love a 1/32 Vampire, I have a horrible feeling this will be the same, which is great pity as the future subjects really interest me as well, but the soft details and over emphasised surface details just make me think twice…..but I may succumb :)

I completely agree. I would absolutely love a 1/32 Vampire, but for me that completely over-done surface detail would be a real deal-breaker. As you suggest, many will argue that it can be filled/sanded, but I've never had much success doing that and frankly these days I don't have either the time or the inclination to do so, especially when there are so many really good kits in the stash waiting to be built. I also can't help but think that if this kit was by - for example - Trumpeter or Hobby Boss that there would be a lot more in the way of negative comment about it - though maybe that's just me getting old and cynical!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hopkp said:

I completely agree. I would absolutely love a 1/32 Vampire, but for me that completely over-done surface detail would be a real deal-breaker. As you suggest, many will argue that it can be filled/sanded, but I've never had much success doing that and frankly these days I don't have either the time or the inclination to do so, especially when there are so many really good kits in the stash waiting to be built. I also can't help but think that if this kit was by - for example - Trumpeter or Hobby Boss that there would be a lot more in the way of negative comment about it - though maybe that's just me getting old and cynical!

Agree with you removing soft over done panels is not easy, and or to match up to them as you need big blunt tools not sharp pins and scribing tools.  I am hoping the shape will be correct where far to many Trumpeter / Hobby Boss have a nice feel to them as far as details go but the shape or major errors are far to common place.

Maybe we are all getting too old and cynical and critical, I need to tread carefully being a small manufacturer myself, but I am inclined as with most to go for kits that look and feel right from the outset.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still planning on getting one. After the dog-in-a-box Trumpeter MiG-21F-13, it should be straightforward. But that hail-peppered skin is going to be a bu**er to render smooth enough for a polyurethane aluminium finish. Might do with a coat of slip made from lightly watered Milliput. Will have to experiment with Revell's Supermarine Pockmark IXc. 

 

Tony 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is actually gained by these type of comments - I don't understand  ???  If you don't like the photos you see why not start a model making company and produce models that meet your subjective views of right and wrong ?

 

I want a 1/32 vampire (and helldiver) and I'm happy to pay for what I see here.  I'd rather have every 1/32 kit ever produced so far regardless of subjective or objective views on accuracy, engineering and subject type than not have them at all. Unless people are willing to produce an alternative 1/32 vampire I will happily take this one please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks to be a doozy! It's not quite my area of interest but it's kits like this that turn my 'not quite my area of interest' into, 'I need one of these'!

 

Incidentally, some of the pomposity above is just beyond the pale, but always the case with pre-release shots. It's a bit like hemorrhoids; they're a pain in the backside and you can't avoid them!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, npb748r said:

What is actually gained by these type of comments - I don't understand  ???  If you don't like the photos you see why not start a model making company and produce models that meet your subjective views of right and wrong ?

 

I want a 1/32 vampire (and helldiver) and I'm happy to pay for what I see here.  I'd rather have every 1/32 kit ever produced so far regardless of subjective or objective views on accuracy, engineering and subject type than not have them at all. Unless people are willing to produce an alternative 1/32 vampire I will happily take this one please.

 

Incidentally, you know that if it didn't have rivet detail, modellers would be all over it with one of those pounce wheel thingies, putting them on!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I take the comments by both of you above, npb748r and Sabrejet (who I admire for you knowledge and help to guys with regards to Sabre), however I do think my assessment was and is fair (the Vampire just does not have surface texture as shown) and I am entitled to my opinion. If the kit meets up well in other areas and depending on the cost I may change my mind, which is how I started my thread, I would like to see more.
If you read carefully I said I may succumb to one, with a smiley face after, I also did state some guys would be quite happy with it as it is, added to that I do have a small model company, I am certainly not perfect in all I do but I do try, at the same time I do get critiqued on things that I do ‘wrong’ or do not meet expectations, but sometimes those need to be taken as part of learning. 
Enjoy your modelling, and have fun doing it. I certainly look forward to seeing some Vampires getting built soon.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

I take the comments by both of you above, npb748r and Sabrejet (who I admire for you knowledge and help to guys with regards to Sabre), however I do think my assessment was and is fair (the Vampire just does not have surface texture as shown) and I am entitled to my opinion. 

 

It's a fair point and I realise my comment wasn't exactly helpful: apologies. Let's see how they look in the flesh because I suspect the rivet detail has been highlighted a bit to show it off. Maybe not. It's still good to see a 1/32 Vampire after all :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jiri told me that, if the Vampire is a success for Infinity, he is thinking about some special, limited boxings with additional resin parts. For example the Swiss Mk.6 with "Pinocchio nose". Let´s see what happens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0PwEutkfEZjAitusJLFgQHVe7e8fuDKbbr9pnvzhSnDmRd4aXwgTSxyvZhwGK1duql&id=113222234718270

 

Quote

We are happy to announce that on July 10 we will release our 2 most waited kits 1/32:

- INF 3203 DH.100 Vampire F.3

- INF 3204 DH.100 Vampire FB.5

You can already pre-order these kits by leaving your contacts here in DM or by our e-mail adress: info@infinitymodels.cz

 

283112010-121804820526678-75214548012597

 

283260218-121804810526679-11961735963519

 

281934036-121804827193344-11581526912160
282135243-121804833860010-35463901628297
283980696-121804823860011-11803124607359
282211208-121804807193346-65387699137367

 

V.P.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - test model+box art+schemes+decals+test sprues - release July 2022
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/infinitymodels.cz/posts/pfbid0rtb4XXj8QkYvxfsHctVZyXSFFrxvAajR8FkYZrazZthF7DjHwUG5Q4D9h6a1T9Ljl

Quote

Work in the stockroom is in full swing

Soon every DH-100 Vampire will be packed and sent to his owner. Official sales start on July 10, but you can make a preorder now!

 

The price is €79 for each version. If you want to pre-order, please leave your e-mail address, and our sales manager will contact you.

 

285891637-125326330174527-56818736042144


282436500-125326660174494-37011487351162

 

285263650-125326676841159-21534045827912

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 4:34 PM, Largescale32 said:

Jiri told me that, if the Vampire is a success for Infinity, he is thinking about some special, limited boxings with additional resin parts. For example the Swiss Mk.6 with "Pinocchio nose". Let´s see what happens.

 

 

I'll be buying at least 1 of these in the near future but even though I'm not a fan of the Pinocchio nose version.....why do those parts in resin?   Just do all the main parts in plastic and offer resin parts for those who want a bit of extra detail.   It always bugs me how some (mainly Eastern European) manufacturers bring out injection plastic kits but with 1 or 2 resin parts for main details like the wheels or engine parts.   I think resin should be for any fine details people want to add not any main parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, SeaVenom said:

 

 

I'll be buying at least 1 of these in the near future but even though I'm not a fan of the Pinocchio nose version.....why do those parts in resin?   Just do all the main parts in plastic and offer resin parts for those who want a bit of extra detail.   It always bugs me how some (mainly Eastern European) manufacturers bring out injection plastic kits but with 1 or 2 resin parts for main details like the wheels or engine parts.   I think resin should be for any fine details people want to add not any main parts.

You have to see this more like plastic kits with resin conversions in one box. To make new injection molds for 50 to 100 kits would be economically nonsense.

Edited by Largescale32
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...