1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - released

Homebee

On 3/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, Branky said:

As the Show in Moson has been cancelled yesteday we will have to find other dates to see Jiri and discuss his kits.

I´ve noticed it, so I have to wait until the situation is better for travelling and visit HpH in Kutna Hora.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, Welkin said:

I would agree with hopkp; weren't the Vampire's wings wood, like the Mosquito and Hornet?

The Vampire and Venom were essentially aluminium aircraft with a laminated wooden cockpit for the pilot.

The wooden laminated cockpit did have a number of aluminium parts mounted onto it: Nose cone; side ammo bay doors; underside cannon fairing; and nose gear doors.

Rivets on the wings would not have been as prominent as they were flush rivetted, but this kit looks pretty good to me. The ones on the cannon fairings are shown raised which is correct.

Edited by David A Collins
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting for this a/c in 1/32 for long time.

Would buy two FB.5; hope it is released soon.

There are other English classics like the Vampire T.11/T.55, Venom, Jet Provost, and Canberra that I would like to see in 1/32

• 3 weeks later...
  • Tail-Dragon changed the title to 1/32 DH Vampire FB 5 - Infinity models - Never mind, turns out it's old news!
45 minutes ago, Barbouille said:

Great news that this Vampire at the 32nd
Is an Mk5 version also planned?
In the same housing or a second housing?

If you look at the marking profiles for boxing INF3203 you can clearly see it says FB.5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Both types of mainwheel there, the earlier 3 spoked type as used on RAF single seaters and the later wheel as used on some export aircraft (such as the Swiss), I can also see rocket rails there too which is a good sign.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - test model+box art+schemes+test sprues

The test shots have not progressed much since first shown , but it`s good to see sprue shots , at last .

I remember standing by the tail boom of one at Dyce when it did a wet start , I`ve never moved as fast ! .

The whine and whistle of the Goblin was a sound never to be forgotten . I`ll take two , please .

Don .