1/32 - de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 by Infinity Models - released

Homebee

Thanks Largescale32

Time to open a dedicated thread, isn't it ?

Infinity Models (new plastic injected kit brand from HpH) is to release 1/32nd de Havilland DH.100 Vampire FB.3/.5 kits.

Sources:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064691-infinity-models/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235064691-infinity-models/&do=findComment&comment=3602067

(...) Planned for the future are in 1/32 scale: DH. Vampire Mk.3/ Mk.5, Westland Wyvern, Aichi D3A Val, Savoia-Marchetti SM.79, Douglas A-20 Havoc and Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X. (...)

Jiri sent me some pics of their Vampire yesterday, master model looks great. 

So , now we are waiting the pics! 😉

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

I`m looking forward to this one . But in the pics the wingtips look rounded , as on the Mk 1 , the Mk 5s we had at Dyce were squared ! .

Hopefully something  to be corrected .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don149 said:

I`m looking forward to this one . But in the pics the wingtips look rounded , as on the Mk 1 , the Mk 5s we had at Dyce were squared ! .

Hopefully something  to be corrected .

Mk.I - rounded wingtips, square tail

Mk.3 - rounded wingtips, curved tail

Mk.5 - square wingtips, curved tail

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:24 AM, Largescale32 said:

I will meet Jiri Hodan, the owner of HpH and Infinity Models, on April, 25th at a Moson Kit Show in Hungary.

So I can ask him, if these kits will be injected or mixed media, scheduled release dates, etc.

As the Show in Moson has been cancelled yesteday we will have to find other dates to see Jiri and discuss his kits.

It's nice to see HpH moving into the styrene realm, and they should benefit from everyone's familiarity with the medium to increase sales :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike said:

It's nice to see HpH moving into the styrene realm, and they should benefit from everyone's familiarity with the medium to increase sales :)

If the HpH styrene kits are to the same quality as their resin kits, which I have no doubt they will be they will be up there with the very best.

Tommo.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, hopkp said:

Don't know how others feel, but to me the rivet detail (on the wings in particular) looks way too prominent!

I would agree with hopkp; weren't the Vampire's wings wood, like the Mosquito and Hornet?

Maybe they are wooden rivets put there in the wooden wings for the rivet counters to count?

Be a shame to have them feeling left out? 🤔

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I'm no Vampire expert, but I believe the wings were skinned metal.

Tommo.

Yes, the Vampire had metal wings (though much of the fuselage was wood), but I haven't been able to find a single photo (either in a book or on-line) where the rivets are anything like as prominent as on the Infinity Models 'test shot'. They're at best barely discernible and in most pictures (that I can find anyway) virtually invisible.

Edited by hopkp