1:48 Junkers JU52/3M Revell

I finished this late last year, but haven't been able to publish it until now. What a kit for 20 years old. Absolutely fantastic from Revell. I only added resin seats in the cockpit and a couple of extras for the cargo area. 

DSC_3859

DSC_3851

DSC_3764

DSC_3758

DSC_3810

DSC_3817

DSC_3788 (2)

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

First rate build. Looks like you enjoyed this  one. Excellent paint work on the corrugated surface. I really want to build this kit which I have. 

In this case size is the problem at the moment. I've enjoyed having a look at your effort in the meantime. 

• Like 1

Great job Rich! :clap2: I love the map, and that's exactly how I keep the figures in my display cabinet "on their feet".    The Tante Ju looks much like the one I boarded here in Cameron many years ago.   Fantastic scale modeling sir!  :worthy:

• Like 1

- Very realistic scene , nice job with the camo ,we can easily feel ready to board  before another jump checking our chute,...... hoping it will not be the last one........Hals und Bein bruch, der Teufel lacht mit uns.! ( Break your neck, the devil laugh with us.....)

• Like 2

This is just fantastic! So much dedication to detail. Your modelling philosophy is after my heart.

I had a similar presentation in mind for a C-47 model, but - alas - too many projects already...

• Like 1

Fantastic finish. Love it. Just about to start the same finish. I normally work with Tamiya. What colours and make or mix did you use for the main camo and underside.

This is what I think so far for my Tamiya solution:

Underside Kit colour J, Revvell, 49, RLM 65, XF23:1 + XF2:1

Camo kit colour T, Revell 16 85% + Revell 05 15%, Tamiya ?

Camo kit colour R, Revell 40, RLM 70, Tamiya XF27

Camo kit colour B, Revell 39, RLM 71, Tamiya XF62:1 + XF49:1

Any thoughts people, especially on the 'Sand Matt' Revell 16

• Like 1

Bravo a beautiful Tante JU !... 👍

I like the complete different result with  different camouflage colours compared with my model.

Excellent build, with all the nice details and the paintwork !  

Cheers,

JohnHaa

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Really nice build. What did you use for the base for each of the soldiers? Nice way to display them.

Thank you. Just some clear asitate cut into squares

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:yikes: ... WOW !!! That is a great looking Iron Annie. I really love the extra detail and the cockpit turret ring. Is this from Crete, North Africa, or Eastern front ? 

Thankyou. North Africa, Libya

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kevster said:

Fantastic finish. Love it. Just about to start the same finish. I normally work with Tamiya. What colours and make or mix did you use for the main camo and underside.

This is what I think so far for my Tamiya solution:

Underside Kit colour J, Revvell, 49, RLM 65, XF23:1 + XF2:1

Camo kit colour T, Revell 16 85% + Revell 05 15%, Tamiya ?

Camo kit colour R, Revell 40, RLM 70, Tamiya XF27

Camo kit colour B, Revell 39, RLM 71, Tamiya XF62:1 + XF49:1

Any thoughts people, especially on the 'Sand Matt' Revell 16

Off the top of my head I can't remember! The desert camo was mixed. Sorry I will have to delve into the article in Airfix Model World and I will let you know.