Whats your latest acquisition? Part IV

23 minutes ago, Wez said:

Where from?

The bay, just use the title of this post/thread and search.

9 minutes ago, Markh-75 said:

The bay, just use the title of this post/thread and search.

Right, thanks I think, I found one anyway.

A Revell Hunter F.Mk 6 in 1/72, from the local auction site, one I'm pleased to have even though I've several of the FGA.9s & 1 more F.Mk 6. Guess I'll think of something to do with them one day. ;)

Steve.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A Revell Hunter F.Mk 6 in 1/72, from the local auction site, one I'm pleased to have even though I've several of the FGA.9s & 1 more F.Mk 6. Guess I'll think of something to do with them one day. ;)

Steve.

Plenty of liveries carried on hunters, I think it's more running out of hunters before running out of ideas of what to do with them!

• Like 1

Absolutely Ed, I have in mind already, apart from a couple of RAF ones, Kuwaiti, Omani, Belgian, Rhodesian or Zimbabwean & FRADU examples. I'm very aware that barely begins on Hunters but it might just about do me. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

I took a punt on this one as they are rather hard to come by currently a box of bits but it mostly all there all I can see is a missing tyre.spacer.png

• Like 4

Despite getting into building cars as a break from building aircraft for years, I have still managed to pick up these recently 

Kits

Buccaneer has an Eduard mask set, I can do my own for the 1/48 kits 👀

• Like 6

A rather expensive couple of weeks of model purchasing

Valom vickers valetta c1

revell A109 rega k2 and older issue military release 

special hobby hiller hu-12 - rare kit but still only paid 35 quid instead of 80-100. Need to fix slight yellowing to canopy.

condor mig29 two seater

az models Royal Navy tiger moth

revell v-22 osprey - said I’d never get one but there’s just something about it.

and 2 RC models both foam based on the F-22 and DA-62 diamond star. Diamond star will be so much fun as i have to fiddle with wires, batteries and fit the whole thing together. :) 

• Like 2
On 6/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, CedB said:

I said to @Duncan B that I'd post my feelings about the Infini mats.

Here you go:

49969985151_b89df848f8_z.jpg

Easy, accurate and well made. What's not to like.

I wanted this for cutting accurate strips of Filmoplast for canopy frames:

49970350302_5ce868438b_z.jpg

Perfect. A new #10 to cut the strip and the #15 to lift the end of the tape.

On glass the blade needs to be pushed along the mat under the tape to prevent the adhesive staying on the glass.

On this mat it seems to lift without that problem.

Very happy bunny here :) 

As I found on YouTube a bonus is that the adhesive for the packet's flap stays on the main packet so you don't get that problem where the flap sticks to the mat when you're trying to get it back in the packet; great little feature. 

That meant I was also happy to leave the tape on the mat ready for next time.

Recommended from me!

They're brilliant. I bought the set a few years back after having trouble cutting curves but these have been fantastic for so much more. Recommended from me too.

• Like 3

For those that know me, you know I lost my 15 yr old Pug in February and my 17 year old Chihuahua last month. My wife and I are happy to say we’ve got a little girl on her way. TY74gTj.jpg
She is 7 weeks old here. ⬆️ The photo was taken 4 weeks ago, the video ⬇️ of her was from today. Shes the one dragging the bowl around the pen. 

https://i.imgur.com/R6BKwvi.mp4

We will name her when we get her but the leading choices are Freya, Idun, and Anu. 

Dennis

• Like 20

Few bits from Wilkos, was pleased to see one of the model shops had reopened but only for requests through the door, hopefully he will reopen fully on Monday, gagging for a browse and tbh to buy something  

• Like 1

spacer.png

I've gone from not having built a model in 25 years to owning more 109's than the Third Reich.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

The book "Blackburn Beverly" by Bill Overton, off eBay from an Aussie seller. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to come. Nothing is moving fast just now, I received some crimp on hose clips from China yesterday, bought in early March & I've several other things which were ordered pre our lock down still floating around in Limbo. :(

Steve.

• Like 1

Cheesed off this morning and slightly miffed :( 

Back in May I ordered some 'adjustable glasses' from an advert I'd seen on a rare visit to FaceBook. Huatmee.com? Never heard of them.

Nothing happened for a while and then I had an order confirmation. Getting suspicious.

Nothing happened for a while and then I had a despatch notification with a tracking number that the couriers linked website didn't recognise.

Nothing happened for a while and then this morning they dropped through the letter box:

50001354887_6c39bc0bba_z.jpg

Exciting! Then I opened the packet:

50001111056_7bd6c57b6c_z.jpg

Not adjustable then.

Rats.

Needless to say important modelling time has been wasted starting the PayPal dispute procedure and emailing the supplier.

Hopefully they'll send a proper pair.

Or refund my $20.

I'm not holding my breath…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

$20?

I get it, but this is typically the kind of product I see as a gamble and could not get slightly upset about.

My Spidey sense starts tingling right away. 

At best it's a bifocal set, maybe a varifocal - but why are those models on the packaging and the site not showing any expected distortion?

There's no adjustment mechanism possible to allow for that range, either.

*abort* *abort*

Ok, enough for now. 

------------

Shopping!

XV Sqn. decal sheet featuring one of the Blenheim IVs that attacked the German air landing troops at Waalhaven airport Rotterdam on May 10th 1940.  It is also the only survivor of the ill-fated Maastricht attacks two days later.

Library addition: Dutch Spitfires by the man who restored MJ271 before it was sold to become G-IRTY.
Lots of data data data and more data  - all known spits based, crashed in. or sold to and from the Netherlands including ORB/Pilot records.  And two incorrectly attributed pics, but hey.

And the weirdo bottom right. for a tenner.

y4mnT1-8eSXT50T4c2HxL4PkUHaTnlOP6Tm6Ym6P

• Like 5

Less an acquisition than a 're-acquisition'. After struggling to get my mind focussed on anything let alone modelling I decided on a clear out of the boxes I'd hauled around 5 homes over 7 years since I had no idea what I even had in them only that they were taking up cupboard space. There was me only a short while ago bemoaning my dwindling supplies and then I discovered the following:

Complete set of Alclad metals unused

Complete set of Tamiya acrylics unused

Complete set of Revell Aqua Colour with only a few used

3 x unopened bottles of Aqua Colour Mixer

Complete set of Inspiration Pearlescent airbrush colours unused 

Two unused bottles of Micro Set

Two unused bottles of Micro Sol

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Grey Primer

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Black Base

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Klear Kote Gloss

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Klear Kote Flat

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Airbrush Cleaner

Unopened large bottle of Alclad Aqua Gloss

Unopened large bottle of Ultimate Thinners (still in bag)

Unopened large bottle of Ultimate Cleaner (still in the bag)

Unopened large bottle of black Ultimate Primer

Unopened large bottle of Vallejo airbrush cleaner

Unopened bottle of Humbrol Clear coat

Unopened set of Pearl Ex Pigments

3 x airbrush hoses

1 spare airbrush cleaning station

4 x plastic paint mixing pallets

Unopened small bottle of anti-bacterial hand sanitiser, and

Howling Wolf Productions Shadow Battle Crab from Babylon 5. This is a beautiful kit that has all of the 'vein' detail that is missing on the much rougher Warp kit.

IMG_2239

That said, given the current climate, I think the bottle of hand sanitiser is probably rarer. :blush:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

There was me only a short while ago bemoaning my dwindling supplies and then I discovered the following:

Well that is a score ... id love to have magic boxes that gave forth paint everytime I opened them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Shipcraft 26 - Riverine Craft of The Vietnam Wars by Roger Branfill Cook published by Pen & Sword , inspiration for some ‘whatiffery’ on my Home Bargains’ Revell/Monogram UDT Boat kits , cheapest price I found was £9.57 with free delivery from the  Books Etc. website which was  £1/£2 cheaper than their shopfronts on eBay and Amazon respectively.

Another couple of the Lou Drendel ‘Illustrated’ Series from and printed by Amazon , both dated 2019 and perhaps a bit more image centered than some of the previous volumes and like previous titles including many images that I have not seen before  –

Mirage Illustrated –  development through to Mirage III/5/IV/F1/2000 and one page on the 4000 although the different variant line drawings are rather fuzzy in the copy I got.

and

F-5 Illustrated: Freedom Fighter , Tiger II , Talon – as in the title but including the F-20 and several one-off R&D developments , possibly only a problem with my copy but the multi-view line drawings were likewise a bit fuzzy.

19 hours ago, alt-92 said:

$20?

I get it, but this is typically the kind of product I see as a gamble and could not get slightly upset about.

My Spidey sense starts tingling right away. 

At best it's a bifocal set, maybe a varifocal - but why are those models on the packaging and the site not showing any expected distortion?

There's no adjustment mechanism possible to allow for that range, either.

*abort* *abort*

Ok, enough for now. 

Refund issued! 

Now I just have to find some more glasses…

• Like 2

@CedB Got one of these:

https://www.hbm-machines.com/producten/gereedschap-en-toebehoren/loupegereedschappen/hbm-loupe-bril-model-2

I'm sure there are similar sets available, but after several months of use I can honestly say most work I can do with the 2.5 mag set.

And for that price, a pretty good bargain.

• Like 2

Great price! 

I like mine, a lot. I've got a 1.8x fitted at the back and a 2.5x fitted in the front, usually flipped up but easily flipped down for detailed work.

The only problem I've had is the tightening knobs getting worn so I can't always flip the whole thing up but hey, for that money… 

2 hours ago, CedB said:

The only problem I've had is the tightening knobs getting worn so I can't always flip the whole thing up but hey, for that money… 

Fnar woof bark :dog:Sorry @CedB but it had to be said!

• Haha 5
  • Julien locked this topic