Whats your latest acquisition? Part IV

With the LHSs opening here in La La Land, I decided to help their cash flow despite my stash growth moratorium. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 

Brookhurst Hobbies: Hauler 1/48 BA-64B, Revell 1/48 Stearman Aerobatic Biplane, Tamiya 1/48 British 7ton Armored [sic] Car MkIV

Military Hobbies: Warpaint D.H.82 Tiger Moth, Amodel 1/144 D.H.106 Comet 4B, Roden 1/48 Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing

Rare Plane Detectives: Flashback 1/48 Miles Magister

• Like 1

An Xtradecal 1/72 sheet of Battle Of Britain Hurricanes. It has a few examples of airframes I've wanted to do and I haven't seen this particular sheet for a while now.

• Like 1

Tamiya 6mm Masking Tape Refill , replacement for last pack started during the week.

Tamiya 3mm Masking Tape For Curves , never tried this before but anything might be better than trying to do curves using the standard tape.

UKHONK USB Speaker via Amazon to complete the laptop Zoom setup as for some reason sound levels on the internal speaker drop dramatically on Zoom (amusing words of caution in the description  -  if you buy a fake usb speaker from other seller (name given") . . . . . we are not responsible for this  -  the dangers of fake news on fake speakers)

It's been been pretty good month so far, hobby wise.

spacer.png

First, some reading.

spacer.png

Then, a visit to the (almost) local hobby shop that re-opened this week.

spacer.png

And an order from another hobby store arrived - some cold war goodness.

These should keep me busy thru the summer holiday :D 

• Like 3

Hello quick question ? I ordered a book from Casemate U.K. almost two weeks ago. Anyone have any idea as to how long it should take to get over to Chicago in the U.S. with everything going on around the planet ? 

Dennis

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello quick question ? I ordered a book from Casemate U.K. almost two weeks ago. Anyone have any idea as to how long it should take to get over to Chicago in the U.S. with everything going on around the planet ? 

Dennis

Aye up Dennis,

Im in the UK and a recent order i made with Casemate took just over 2 weeks to arrive. You may be in for a bit of a wait due to all whats going on. On the plus side however, you'll have something to look forward to! I once placed an order with Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong that was sent surface. For one reason or another i totally forgot about it. 3 months later the parcel arrived and it was like Christmas! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That wonderful little Arma Hobbies FM-2 arrived friday.

Took the afternoon off and went to AMS, came home with two more additions to the local airfield history:
y4mlMkj_nUuWcSeVnJUo61xt2jx4Y5MivhLIYn48

The Fokker C.V and FK.51 a/c were part of the Dutch Army Air Corps 1VK 2LvR (1st Recce group 2nd Air Regiment), 9 aircraft,  based at EHHV / Hilversum May 10th 1940.  

In the early morning of the 10th, a strafing run by several Me.109s damaged two, but the rest was well camouflaged and later used in raids against the Germans over the beach at Scheveningen shooting up Ju.52's that landed there.

On order is an Xtradecal sheet for XV Sqn, for the Blenheim Mk.IV used in the RAF bombing sortie over Waalhaven airport in Rotterdam.

The Blenheim Mk.IF kit I bought last year at Duxford happens to contain markings for  600 ‘City of London’ Sqn - which also attacked the German airborne troops there, but with devastating consequences. Only one out of six a/c from B flight made it back to Manston.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

I misread the label on the box. 
1/18 scale???
:gobsmacked:

Here with a 1/32 nd scale fuselage.

I plan to buy the 1/18 th Fw 190 A too later this year.

I've already build the 1/ 18 th Dauntless some years ago.

100861867_2796280023831319_9008222994555

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 3

To make a sand rail from, 1/35 for a change, greatly discounted thank god! The only way for me to buy!

photo-th.jpg

• Like 3

As I’m missing the F1 at the moment, I decided to bring one of my favourite drivers cars into the house... :whistle:

20200609_132049

20200609_132254

20200609_132521

Sean

• Like 2
On 07/06/2020 at 10:26, fatfingers said:

Aye up Dennis,

Im in the UK and a recent order i made with Casemate took just over 2 weeks to arrive. You may be in for a bit of a wait due to all whats going on. On the plus side however, you'll have something to look forward to! I once placed an order with Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong that was sent surface. For one reason or another i totally forgot about it. 3 months later the parcel arrived and it was like Christmas! 😀

Regards,

Steve

Have you tried a quote from the couriers? Likes of UPS etc? these guys are actually quite reasonable price wise these days, that said my Mariner i bought recently went by US Postal and then Royal Mail and it was here in just under two weeks.😉

On 07/06/2020 at 18:27, alt-92 said:

I misread the label on the box. 
1/18 scale???
:gobsmacked:

WOW! that'll be pretty large! I know i have an rc Tiger tank in 1/16 and its a fair size and aircraft tend to be a good bit larger than ground hugging vehicles!

1 hour ago, Mozzy19 said:

As I’m missing the F1 at the moment, I decided to bring one of my favourite drivers cars into the house... :whistle:

Sean

Have you seen the F1 documentaries on Netflix? maybe that will help!😉

• Thanks 1

A flurry of (latish) deliveries today.

1/48 Spitfire MkIa is a pre-order from Airfix two months ago :P

y4mZxbRGvtM_y3nd1_SkSYvNPLp_LuTvRyPxqJAu

And some tiny RC motors 

y4mVjQbuUldEje-9QxmSyrMmizDSQiol8czyZTlF

• Like 3

In order to avoid SWMBO who is working from home, I have been doing some serious gardening. Sorted the brambles, now time for the zombies.

2020-06-09_06-00-27

• Haha 10

Another Fujimi Spey-engined Phantom, this time one without the fin cap fairing.

That's me all spent out now. Time to weed through the stash........

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

20200609_132049

20200609_132254

20200609_132521

Sean

Neat Red Bull F1. the factory is about 12 miles from here! Plus Racing point 5 miles, Mercedes 6 miles and HAAS 18 miles.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, PatW said:

Neat Red Bull F1. the factory is about 12 miles from here! Plus Racing point 5 miles, Mercedes 6 miles and HAAS 18 miles.

I’m jealous. We have M-Sport about 8/9 miles away and you can hear their cars for miles when they’re driving to and from test days.

Sean

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

I’m jealous. We have M-Sport about 8/9 miles away and you can hear their cars for miles when they’re driving to and from test days.

Sean

I now what you mean mozzy19, the Subaru factory used to be 18 miles away in Banbury, in fact Prodrive have an even bigger facility there now! We had various models of the Subaru WRC cars camo'd up flying round our ring road at all times of the day and night. But since the scooby dropped out of favour in WRC that's all finished. But Prodrive are building all manner of different machinery now, so we see cars that we don't even recognise some days! 

• Like 1

Well, this arrived today, a late birthday present from Smiley and Prickles.

IMG_2607

Test rigged with my regulator (The one supplied does not hold pressure very well)

IMG_2613

Bang on 15 psi. 

IMG_2614

And now fitted in place.

IMG_2622

Yeah, you can see my plates of meat in the reflection. 

It came supplied with an airbrush (Sparmax Max 4) and a Silver Bullet moisture trap, also supplied by them was an airbrush cleaning pot that was sadly broken in transit some where (there was no damage to the box).

Will try it out some when the time comes.

Simon (Lucky boy)

• Like 3
On 03/06/2020 at 21:00, Markh-75 said:

Bought an LMG BB-17 modelling Jig!

Where from?

• Julien locked this topic