Help with badge identity ob British MP Vehicles

Courageous

Hi guys, some help if I may. I have been asked to look into a badge that is located on the front bonnet of the vehicles below.

Austin-Camp-101-Prov-Coy-Dusseldorf-1960Austin-Truck-101-Prov-Coy-Dusseldorf-196

Bedford-Truck-101-Prov-Coy-Dusseldorf-19

Above are images of a Bedford truck, two Austins, one being a Champ. The Champ could be a possible build and although I can get all the registration, badges etc as decals or DIY I don't know what the bonnet one is. The information I have been given is that these vehicles belong to 101 Prov Coy, Dusseldorf, 1960. Any help about the vehicles and THAT badge would be grateful.

Regards

Stuart

• Courageous changed the title to Help with badge identity ob British MP Vehicles

Hey Hey we're the Monkeys!! Sorry, couldn't resist that. Got into trouble in Lubbecke for singing that in the 60's.

The only thing that I can tell you is that the second photo is a K9 and the third is an RL, possibly a series 2 as it has a mesh backing to the Bedford sign.

Accurate Armour do a resin kit of the RL.

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, John Tapsell said:

Not wishing to state the obvious

Thanks John but not to me, as many RMP Champs showed flags in that position but the supplier of the photos thought that that might be the case.

Stuart

On 3/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, Courageous said:

badge that is located on the front bonnet of the vehicles below

Hi...….if memory serves me well and I stand to be corrected your interested in the WHITE/RED circle as opposed to military badges.  These circles I believe not specific to RMP but a lot(not all)of vehicles carried them for a short period of time, even the Australian Army.  The circle indicated coolant and location of radiator cap...……...sign indicates radiator filler cap around this location...……….here are a few others.  I have a few photos of these "indicators" but not many.  Even though the radiator cap maybe seen or obviously in sight, not all drivers were clued up and it was not unknown to mistake for hydraulic cap and that fluid poured in...……….so, warning of location was added.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/megashorts/3424201401/in/photostream/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richard64pics/36402498022

http://anzacsteel.hobbyvista.com/othervehicles/humbertruckph_1.htm

All oils POL was highlighted on parts of vehicles...…...OEP 110 was engine oil stencilled on or around engine, OEP 220 stencilled on Axles, OEP 330  transfer boxes, anything, maintenance wise was highlighted on the vehicle, same as Radiator, but this ceased after a short period of time

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rayprit said:

The circle indicated coolant and location of radiator cap

After trying to zoom in on those markings, I wasn't totally sold on the RMP badge angle and now you have supplied links to other images, I'm pretty convinced that you're right.

Stuart