Hobby Boss Wolf/Milan with Master Box figures

Hello all, my first RFI after lurking here for a year or two. I returned to modelling a few years back - to discover that my eyesight has declined sharply, and my fingers have turned into thumbs!  I've made a couple of other versions of the Hobby Boss wolf - the fit of parts etc is excellent.  I need to try a bit of wash weathering on the Landy, it still looks too new.  I'm a bit divided on the colour for the SA80s, there are so many different photos out there of all black or part green. 

DSC_4318

Edited by zeaphod
direct link to image
  • Like 5

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:25, Alpha Juliet said:

Impressed!  How did you find the build?  I've just bought the RSOV version, but it hasnt arrived yet.

Thanks! Like every other Hobby Boss kit I've built, the parts are well made and fit together well.  I find the trickiest bit of the build (this is the third now, including the RSOV) is getting the wings and bulkhead to meet correctly towards the end.  This is linked to the fact that placement of the engine gearbox sub-build in the chassis is done early on (and is a bit vague), and the radiator slam panel locates the wings towards the end.  Make sure you test fit the wings and bulkhead before gluing the engine/gearbox in place.  Do not leave/forget the radiator slam panel until the end - as I have done in the past! 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2020 at 12:15, zeaphod said:

Unfortunately I couldn't get the "insert image from URL" to work, might just be my computer.

Forget about using the 'insert image from URL' thing, it doesn't really work.

All you need to know about posting photos is here (don't worry that it's several pages long, all you need is the first post on the first page):

There is a document on suitable photo hosts here:

Posting photo's on here may look complicated at first, but it it is much easier than it sounds.

And welcome to the site and very nice Landy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

Forget about using the 'insert image from URL' thing, it doesn't really work.

All you need to know about posting photos is here (don't worry that it's several pages long, all you need is the first post on the first page):

There is a document on suitable photo hosts here:

Posting photo's on here may look complicated at first, but it it is much easier than it sounds.

And welcome to the site and very nice Landy.

Fantastic! Than you for taking the time to do this.  As soon as I hit the spacebar the photo appeared.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2020 at 10:34, zeaphod said:

Thanks! Like every other Hobby Boss kit I've built, the parts are well made and fit together well.  I find the trickiest bit of the build (this is the third now, including the RSOV) is getting the wings and bulkhead to meet correctly towards the end.  This is linked to the fact that placement of the engine gearbox sub-build in the chassis is done early on (and is a bit vague), and the radiator slam panel locates the wings towards the end.  Make sure you test fit the wings and bulkhead before gluing the engine/gearbox in place.  Do not leave/forget the radiator slam panel until the end - as I have done in the past! 

Many thank zeaphod -  will bear that in mind.

Happy 42nd Birthday BTW...!

• Like 1