Baby Blitz...1/48 Junkers Ju188A-2 Rächer, II./KG6

This is lovely, for me the nicest of the 88 family. Probably influenced by it being the first model I ever built as a wee kid thanks to matchbox. Very neat paintwork around the canopy and love the scheme :)

• Like 1

The tissue paper used for the gun ports looks amazing, as do the photo etched gunsights. It really ratchets up the realism! How is the tissue attached, and how was it painted to avoid saturating the tissue with paint?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RadMax8 said:

The tissue paper used for the gun ports looks amazing, as do the photo etched gunsights. It really ratchets up the realism! How is the tissue attached, and how was it painted to avoid saturating the tissue with paint?

The tissue was brush painted on both sides, after it became stiff my dad attached it with Micro Klear onto the canopy.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reini

How did your dad setup the wings? The fit is looking very sloppy and hard to get correct. I'm well into my Ju 188A1 at the moment so will be adding the wings most likely over the weekend. I was just wondering if he used a jig.

13 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Reini

How did your dad setup the wings? The fit is looking very sloppy and hard to get correct. I'm well into my Ju 188A1 at the moment so will be adding the wings most likely over the weekend. I was just wondering if he used a jig.

He had no problem with the wing to fuselage fit. The joint was more or less tight and in the correct angle, no sanding or much filling was necessary.

• Thanks 1