Loose trigger - advice needed

English Electric

Bit of an odd one but someone might know the answer.

I've an Olympos HP-100C which is all fine and working but for a very loose trigger. It sprays but only if you pull right back. When at rest the part behind the trigger doesn't rest against it at tension and push it forwards.

Does this sound like the spring? The chuck nut is gripping the needle (0.3) fine, and every thing else is screwed in tight.

I'd recommissioned it after I'd been given it by someone who'd used it a few times for non modelling then stored it away. It needed a good clean and lube which it's had and does spray - it's just the trigger issue that's bothering me. 

Any advice welcomed...

Best as ever

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2020 at 12:47, English Electric said:

Bit of an odd one but someone might know the answer.

I've an Olympos HP-100C which is all fine and working but for a very loose trigger. It sprays but only if you pull right back. When at rest the part behind the trigger doesn't rest against it at tension and push it forwards.

Does this sound like the spring? The chuck nut is gripping the needle (0.3) fine, and every thing else is screwed in tight.

I'd recommissioned it after I'd been given it by someone who'd used it a few times for non modelling then stored it away. It needed a good clean and lube which it's had and does spray - it's just the trigger issue that's bothering me. 

Any advice welcomed...

Best as ever

Chris

I recently purchased my first airbrush which had a similar problem but wouldn't spray at all. The solution for me was re-seating the trigger and my brush works great now.