Lee-Richards Annular wing 1914, Avis 1/72 injected kit

The teardrop-shaped fairings for the width of the rotary engine on the fuselage sides are treated in the kit as if there was a feature at the front. I almost carved it, assuming it should have been an air intake to help cooling of the engine, but in checking photos, none whatsoever show an intake there or an altered volume, just the perfect front of the teardrop.
I am thinking of restoring the shape there:

IMG_8810+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

lee+r+1.jpg

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

Well they practically invented the Tripod ,popularised Canal's ,and had a top selling musical record in the late 70s !

See, that proves it!

Vindicated of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

Modelling did break out. I put the upper wing on my Snark and my JI and also did a bit on my Airfix tiger. I also sliced open my index finger with a scalpel ( while fiddling with my Snark :( )but enough about me. 

As  you can see normal Moa service has resumed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I also sliced open my index finger with a scalpel ( while fiddling with my Snark

In best CedB voice: Fnar, fnar, snurf, snurf!

Martian of the Double Entendre 👽

• Haha 3

Yes I have to admit that didn’t look quite right once I had typed it. But hey :) 

Interesting fact (or urban myth) apparently double entendres only exist in the English language. 

Edited by Marklo

4 hours ago, Stevejj said:

Mike "how do you know"? I might regret asking!

It's what happens when you pick up a model after eating Cheetos but before washing one's hands! (I'm such an idiot!)

Mike

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Moa said:

They don't. The expression itself is of French origin.

Tell me about it! For the longest time I thought 'innuendo' was Italian for suppository! ( I know- I know: go sit in the corner and think about what I have done!)

Mike

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I also sliced open my index finger with a scalpel ( while fiddling with my Snark

I am speechless! (This being said  while looking in my thesaurus for what appendage/body part a snark might be; not really sure I want to know.)

Mike

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Moa said:

In which way are they related to the content of the thread?

Well we did mention the Snark. And since both were prototypes they neither ever flew in combat, in fact the Snark was never even armed. Backs away with tail between legs ( which is a metaphor as unlike Martian I don't have a tail)

If it's any consolation I have just realised I got the wing cutouts mixed up, top should be square middle tapered, arrgh going to be awkward to fix that one :(

probably karma for militarizing your thread .

Edited by Marklo

6 hours ago, Moa said:

Better speechless than snarkless

*The Martian made me write this via telepathic control

I however am seldom speechless. What? You had already noticed!

This must be the first time ever that a thread has been written by somebody else via mind control. I'll be getting held responsible for any flaws in the build next!

Put upon of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

It’s like we’ve all gone for a holiday in Moa’s thread the only thing missing is the General :) (I wonder if I say that three times will he appear)

if it’s any further consolation the upper wing fell off my Snark while I was trying to gently saw the corners off the cutout, ho hum....

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I am speechless! (This being said  while looking in my thesaurus for what appendage/body part a snark might be; not really sure I want to know.)

Mike

If you hunt for it long enough you may find it hiding under a nom de plume .....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marklo said:
9 hours ago, Marklo said:

It’s like we’ve all gone for a holiday in Moa’s thread the only thing missing is the General :) (I wonder if I say that three times will he appear)

Let's see shall we? @general melchett, @general melchett, @general melchett! Better add the magic words "Baldrick's Trousers".

Mystic Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Let's see shall we? general melchett, general melchett, general melchett! Better add the magic words "Baldrick's Trousers"

And like Beetlejuice, he appears, feeling kinda anxious, if you know what I mean... worryingly, Baldrick's trousers may well have something to do with it. 

Funnily enough, I also have one of these little critters cowering on the bench....hopefully they'll follow it up with the singularly spectacular Annular Biplane, as a Magnificent Men replica, handily, lives nearby....... a great little kit that will do nicely until released in the proper scale, in the coming months :tomato:

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Let's see shall we? @general melchett, @general melchett, @general melchett! Better add the magic words "Baldrick's Trousers".

Mystic Martian 👽

See, that's all you had to do Marklo.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

IMG_8810+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

An interesting area, I agree, it seems the shape was a 'fat' teardrop. I've come across a few drawings that imply an intake (and we all know about drawings) but can't find any photographic evidence of this, I cut the front off and used scrap resin to replace and blend. Oddly, looking at the moulds I would say Avis may have roughly cut away the part which may well have been the correct shape to begin with. Can't show anything unfortunately as it's for a magazine build.

Good job, look forward to progress.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Can't show anything unfortunately as it's for a magazine build.

Just what sort of magazine are you posing for Melchie? Top shelf stuff clearly.

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Just what sort of magazine are you posing for Melchie?

If it's one that features full frontal, then I hope the General at least has the decency to use a FOD cover! (It's back to the corner- I'm on a roll this week!)

Mike

• Haha 4