Gloster gladiator 1/72 airfix

Built in the nordic gb thats still ongoing, sbs resin mercury engine , eduard cockpit pe set,and resin doors, rigged using ez line,

Cheers 

Glynn

3rPGo14.jpg

Yu40oW7.jpg

M03JGUz.jpg

zBr0Gca.jpg

HcipBKD.jpg

2FcZHCs.jpg

• Like 59

Wow- are you sure that's not 1/48? Love the color scheme and the fact that it's in Finnish markings, too. Very, very realistic Finnish. (See what I did there?) Well done, sir! 👍

Mike

• Haha 1

A Continuation War Finnish Gladiator on skis - very nice indeed! Here's a bit of trivia most people don't know - the Soviets actually had some Gladiators at the start of the Great Patriotic War (what the Finnish called the Continuation War). These were Latvian Gladiators that had been impressed into service with the Red Air Force after the annexation of Latvia in 1940 by the Soviet Union, and repainted with red stars. They saw little if any use during the war, though, as they appear to have been caught on the ground by the initial German onslaught.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luis pacheco said:

I took the following pic in Sweden Air Force Museum.

That is a beautiful photo. but I think it is one of the ex-Swedish Hawker Harts that saw service in Finland, not a Gladiator. Note the second cockpit behind the pilot for the observer/gunner.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely superb result Glynn. Very impressive modelling, painting and finishing. All the more impressive for being in 1/72! Looks to be a bigger scale. Very well done. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1