1:48 F-14A Tomcat - Black Knights

Gday Britmodellers,

Well after a few years of following and studying some great builds on here, I finally bit the bullet and decided to get back into modelling full time after 35 years away from it. I used to love making the F-14 Tomcat, I made them in all scales and once the local toy shop owner gave me one that didn't have instructions and I managed to make it blind !! I would make an entire kit in one sitting.

Anyway here's my latest offering, an Academy F-14A Tomcat (Bombcat) in 1:48. Some mistakes have been made, of note I used the wing number on the nose so had to switch from 100 to 101, then one of the 101s ripped so I have 100 on one side and 101 on the other, also the tail numbers are 100 so this may cause anxiety for the OCD modellers !! I also mucked up the underwing roundel so there isn't one.

All feedback welcome however please keep in mind, my mission was not the produce any real life accuracy, but rather hone my skills on the airbrush and detailing which I haven't done before.

WIP is here:

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

JJ

• Like 1

What a great model to get your feet back under the table with! Love the Tomcat and it's always good to see another one on display. Great effort, now treat yourself to a Tamiya F-14D as a reward for this result! :thumbsup:

• Like 1