Tiger Force Lancaster B.VII (FE) - No. 467 Sqn. RAAF

Hey Dave, don't be giving up, every build has that big one step backwards...or is that just me?

Sounds like nothing that can't be fixed, a little time away from it should protect it from a maiden flight! 

You'll sort it, we have confidence in you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I seemed to have these moments during every build, so hopefully I’ll recover it someway to be worthy of presentation. 
Cheers and wish me luck.. Dave 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good luck Dave!

Just remember that it doesn’t have to be as perfect as we want (I have to remind myself of that on every build).

Cheers,

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, Ventora3300 said:

Good luck ! How is your UK history? - you need some inspiration from Robert the Bruce’s spider! You’ll do it OK!

Thanks Mike, I’ve never heard of Robert the Bruce, however his saying is well known... just ask my kids! 

I appreciate the positive thoughts and now that I think about it, perhaps some ‘Strategically placed’ Noseart might be enough to hide the offending area? I’ll see how I go. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

I`ve just found this build Dave,..... you`ve been doing a superb job mate and I`d love to see it finished,....... remember that the real aeroplanes were patch painted after repairs and a bit of weathering can cover up some heartbreaking modelling accidents,....... worst case scenario,.....add some aircraft covers from tissue paper,.....but I`m sure you won`t need that!

Chin up,..... and onwards and upwards,..... we all have faith in you to get this one across the line mate

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 3

Probably impossibly hard to imagine for most of your Brits, Europeans, Canadians, Southern Aussies and Kiwi's, however we sub-tropical Brisbanites are going through a bit of a Cold Snap at the moment, so I'm still in bed catching up on everyone's great Lanc progress. 

Just wanting to thank you all for the encouraging advice to just get on with it and plough through with this build. After another solid week at work and time to think it over, I may have overcome or just accepted my recovery flaws and will see this one through to completion in some format. After another 'light' rescribe I cleared the model again and it all seemed to blend in better than I thought. Yesterday I started decaling and like I knew it would, has transformed this kit into something else. As its a WHIF, it's hard to know if it looks right, but it's definitely different and unique. It won't be everyone's cup of tea (not even mine), but it'll stand out among the other camouflaged and smaller kits in the cabinet.. (bloody big white elephant!). 

Now I've placed a Lincoln wheel hub direction question in the GB chat section, so hopefully someone might answer this before I glue these the wrong way around. Photos will be uploaded when finally finished. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Probably impossibly hard to imagine for most of your Brits, Europeans, Canadians, Southern Aussies and Kiwi's, however we sub-tropical Brisbanites are going through a bit of a Cold Snap at the moment, so I'm still in bed catching up on everyone's great Lanc progress. 

See the number in the upper left? Is it that cold?

49924958607_18729fb5ac_b.jpg

That is thumb-sucking cold. This cold!

46931360171_6b10078b69_c.jpg

Chris

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

See the number in the upper left? Is it that cold?

What part of Pluto did you say you lived in Chris?? ... and as for that poor Monkey looking thing, best leave that one alone I think! 
Cheers.. Dave (global warming sceptic).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What part of Pluto did you say you lived in Chris?? 

Not Pluto. Just up on The Backside Of Beyond. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Chris

• Haha 1

On 23/05/2020 at 01:47, dogsbody said:

46931360171_6b10078b69_c.jpg

Chris

Nice selfie Chris, how long have you been doing Yoga ?

Dave when you say cold, does that mean you can't go to work in your Bruce Willis vest and have to put a T shirt on instead ?

Any chance of some build pics please your supporters club have been very patient up till now but we are running out of snacks to keep us occupied :popcorn:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Dave when you say cold, does that mean you can't go to work in your Bruce Willis vest and have to put a T shirt on instead ?

Anything below 20 degress C, is way too cool for us!

Mrs. RL and the two spawning Wifi suckers can't stop complaining about it, although for some reason can't work out that another layer of clothing may actually do the trick?  

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Any chance of some build pics please

Just got one more day at work to slog through, then I'll do my best to make a final push to the finish line prior to 31 May. Let's see what transpires? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5