Jetstream advice please

I am looking for a Jetstream 41 as flown by Eastern Airways. Ideally I would like 1/48 but it appears these are only available as diecast or solid models at great prices.

Welsh models do some 41's in 1/72,  which I may settle for, but does any one know if they are all the same, apart from decals, or if one is better for Eastern Airways please.

Thank you.

AFIK the Welsh models kit is the only one in 1/72 Im not aware of one in 1/48. I have a Welsh models one in the stash that Im going to do as an Eastern example. Think it is just the decals that are different per boxing. If you do get a Welsh models kit then you will need to reverse the blade angle one one prop as J41 props turn in opposite directions. 

Having just built the Welsh Models J41 I was very impressed! The props are a bit chunky (their J31 and T1 series comes with PE not WM props) unfortunately they were in 1/144!

I’ve also built one of the resin ones you speak of- they’re ex Space Models and Rikki Wolfe was selling them off. A 1/72 J41 was about £25. I built the J31 and made my own decals - came out nicely!

TT

• 2 weeks later...