Jump to content

Now BBMF spitfire V Nose Art


Recommended Posts

Going to be doing the BBMF hurricane in its erroneous Jimmy Whalen scheme and need to home print the nose art, anyone have any idea what the nose art is supposed to be? Or got a good quality reference photo/profile pic? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it the same art as on his Spitfire, because that's all I can find.

 

regards,

Jack

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in this video they show a better shot of the nose art, at 3:50 and the new one at 3.03.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like you say, the scheme is erroneous,..... but here is the BBMF artwork;

Whalen-hurricane-iic-pz865-eg-s-34-sqn-s

 

Here is Whalen`s aircraft for real, HW840, coded S;

Whalen-hurricane-jimmy-whalen-HW840-S.gi

 

Here is his artwork on his Hurricane Mk.IIb in Ceylon,..... mayb it was the same as his last aircraft too?;

Whalen-Hurricane-IIb-RCAF-pilots-30-Sqn-

 

Cheers

          Tony

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Like you say, the scheme is erroneous,..... but here is the BBMF artwork;

Whalen-hurricane-iic-pz865-eg-s-34-sqn-s

 

Here is Whalen`s aircraft for real, HW840, coded S;

Whalen-hurricane-jimmy-whalen-HW840-S.gi

 

Here is his artwork on his Hurricane Mk.IIb in Ceylon,..... mayb it was the same as his last aircraft too?;

Whalen-Hurricane-IIb-RCAF-pilots-30-Sqn-

 

Cheers

          Tony

Thank you very much tony, That is exactly what I was after

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Thank you very much tony, That is exactly what I was after

No worries mate,..... glad to help and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks again to tony for the photo, I have prepared an image to print on decal paper. Changing tact slightly, don’t suppose there are decals for the spitfire V out there in 1/72? 17.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, 303sqn said:

Techmod

I own their sheet and the artwork is different, though perhaps I could do a another print job if someone has a closeup photo and the techmod has the correct number of kill marks 

edit: not sure it is as I lost the decal itself to the dreaded folding and the decal guide was accidentally binned, maybe Ill order another copy of the sheet and see how close it is 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Wojtek Matusiak's Zumbach Donalds ISBN 83-916229-4-0 there were 3 Mk. Vb with Donald Duck emblems: BM144 ( with 2 different emblems to complicate things), EP594 and EN951. Donald Duck emblems where getting bigger on each subsequent Spitfire.

New tool Revell's Spitfire Mk. Vb (03897) has decals for EN951.

EDIT: Just realized the picture you've attached is for replicated EN951.

Edited by Seboo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Seboo said:

According to Wojtek Matusiak's Zumbach Donalds ISBN 83-916229-4-0 there were 3 Mk. Vb with Donald Duck emblems: BM144 ( with 2 different emblems to complicate things), EP594 and EN951. Donald Duck emblems where getting bigger on each subsequent Spitfire.

New tool Revell's Spitfire Mk. Vb (03897) has decals for EN951.

EDIT: Just realized the picture you've attached is for replicated EN951.

Excellent seboo, had forgotten the new revell kit, indeed it has the decals I shall get myself one (and see what can be salvaged from what ive heard is a poor kit) 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good tactic.

You get the decals you need ánd a paint test mule to boot 

:coat:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...