Revell 1:24 Mercedes 540K Cabriolet A - Completed

There you go! I have that same problem myself sometimes, when I just keep putting things off. A good mental kick in the behind usually gets me going and then I find the job done in no time... That first step is always the hardest 😉 

You could just get a marker and write a "D" of course... much easier then painting. 

• Haha 1

Do you still have the 'D' raised or did you scrape that off too? Another option in addition to those I mentioned on the previous page and other suggestions would be to paint the whole thing white, then get an old eraser, paint that black and stamp onto the 'D' part - should pick up the raised bits and give you a reasonable definition. Just make sure you don't put too much paint on the rubber, you want a thin layer rather than anything too thick.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spiny said:

Do you still have the 'D' raised or did you scrape that off too?

I do, I haven't done anything with it yet.  But I did manage to print a rather nice replacement decal which I just made from scratch, as I realised it was just a D in a circle.  It looks to be the right size, so I now have options with that

FALYPyw.jpg

• Like 1

I'm calling this one done, finally.  Its not my best, but certainly not my worst, and to say what I had to work with I'm very happy.  I'll try and get some RFI pics on my new background tomorrow.

340t0CS.jpg

L9Agwhi.jpg

JNZYd7M.jpg

N4EjGva.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'm calling this one done, finally.  Its not my best, but certainly not my worst, and to say what I had to work with I'm very happy. 

I'll say... nice work indeed. The cream colour looks excellent. 

• Thanks 1

• HoolioPaulio changed the title to Revell 1:24 Mercedes 540K Cabriolet A - Completed