Stuka! Airfix 1/24th classic

12 hours ago, Josip said:

What I miss is a more defined two tone cammo on the upper surfaces. Otherwise very good! 

Looks spot on to me. RLM 70/71 are a lot closer together than a lot of model paints have traditionally represented them.

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2010/01/pre-war-emil.html for some examples.

Edited by Work In Progress

12 hours ago, Josip said:

What I miss is a more defined two tone cammo on the upper surfaces. Otherwise very good! 

Thanks, Josip - the pictures haven't captured the real colours all that well to be honest. The variation is a more obious with the human eye.

11 hours ago, Alan P said:

Very well said 👏👏👏

Very glad you chose realism over stylistic trends, it looks absolutely fantastic. Really impressed that these grand old kits scrub up so well in the right hands. 

Alan

Thanks, Alan - I know cleaner models are not to everyone's liking but I get so nervous about over-weatheirng a model and ruining it. I'm contemplating doing a big F-14 soon so I'm going to have to be brave and weather the life out of that as it'll be a low-vis bird.

11 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice job @tomprobert

Any pics with a common item eg paint tin or tamiya glue bottle etc to help convey the size? 

Tony

Unfortunately not, Tony - the span is about 18"-20" if that helps...

Tom

Nice work, Tom... I have two of these and they're big!  I always liked this colour scheme. 

The unit emblem is correct with the yellow background.  This was the coat of arms of the city of Breslau.

Regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, obdl3945 said:

Nice work, Tom... I have two of these and they're big!  I always liked this colour scheme. 

The unit emblem is correct with the yellow background.  This was the coat of arms of the city of Breslau.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks for the colour confirmation, Paul - most profiles I’ve seen have it as a yellow background so well done to the Airfix  research department!

Beautiful!

I have an original boxing in my stash which was a Christmas present from my Grandmother. She passed away in 1978 (give or take a year) so that tells you how long I've had it!

Ian

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

A very neatly executed job on the ancient Big Airfix Stuka. It took me ages to get rid of all the flash on mine. I love your  paintwork-so smooth! Congratultions on this epic build. One question- where do you display it? I've got mine next to the 1/24th Spitfire which is diminutive alongside it.

Edited by bertielissie
follow post

2 hours ago, bertielissie said:

A very neatly executed job on the ancient Big Airfix Stuka. It took me ages to get rid of all the flash on mine. I love your  paintwork-so smooth! Congratultions on this epic build. One question- where do you display it? I've got mine next to the 1/24th Spitfire which is diminutive alongside it.

Thank you - and yes the size is impressive! I’ve recently done a 1/24 Bf109 and it’s tiny by comparison! 

I’m working my way through the 1/24 Airfox kits as I love them. So far I’ve done the Mossie, Harrier, Typhoon, Hurricane... room is at a premium!

33 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

An amazing rendition of a classic kit. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

Thanks, Chris - appreciated!