1/72 Fairey Barracuda Mk.II, Special Hobby

Fuad

Hi, have you changed the way you upload images?

All I'm getting are bars of numbers (that if I click on and 'view image' I get to see each picture.)

The modelling, as usual, is superb.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Hi, have you changed the way you upload images?

All I'm getting are bars of numbers (that if I click on and 'view image' I get to see each picture.)

The modelling, as usual, is superb.

I assure you, I have not changed anything. As always, I downloaded them from my page in FB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Learstang said:

Beautiful work on the Barracuda, Fuad! This is a kit (actually the Pacific Fleet version) I'm seriously thinking about getting.

Regards,

Jason

Do not buy this model. It is all crooked and completely inaccurate in many ways. It is impossible to redo, because there are no normal drawings. But when you compare photos of a real airplane and this model, you understand that the model imitates a plane rather weakly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never had the pleasure of seeing a real live Barracuda (fish or airplane) but when I see your example all I can say is  "wow, just wow".

Most modelers strive for the utmost in accuracy when they tackle a kit and I am pretty much the same way. Sometimes there is maybe only one kit available

of a particular car, tank or plane and that kit may be crude and almost impossible to put together. That's when you have to put total accuracy aside and just build the thing.

When the results are just like what you have achieved with this example, that makes the model every bit if not better than some other "shake the box and there you have it kit".

When I first saw the result I said that's a Barracuda. It's not a P-51 or a Mig-21 or anything else.  Looks to me like you nailed it.   

20 hours ago, Fuad said:

I assure you, I have not changed anything. As always, I downloaded them from my page in FB.

Kudos for you that you dare stating this, the old Frog kit fuselage is much more correct in outline as far I've found out, For example the SH has a weird downward kink in the horizontal panel lines in front of the windshield and the positions of the exhausts are wrong, they sit too low.

Very nice. My Dad worked on Barracudas, 837 Squadron, during the very end of WWII, when he was aboard  HMS Glory. Building one is on my "to do" list and if it turns out anywhere near as good as yours I will be most happy.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:16 PM, Fuad said:

Do not buy this model. It is all crooked and completely inaccurate in many ways. It is impossible to redo, because there are no normal drawings. But when you compare photos of a real airplane and this model, you understand that the model imitates a plane rather weakly.

I was thinking the same, Fuad.  Beautiful model making and paintwork as always but I think Special Hobby have made some errors with this kit.  The intakes on each side of the nose are much too far forward and the nose has an odd, pinched look to it.  Also the propeller seems a bit puny.  Special Hobby's older kit and the Frog moulding look much more accurate although SP's older tooling has a very twisted look to it making the wings uneven.