Gorby scratches an unthinkable whopper!

Gorby

24 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

In Mexico? Ay Caramba! They'd never get across the Rio Grande. Do be serious old chap!

Pit ponies that escaped and went North from the expat Cornish tin miners that moved to Latin America?  

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

That young gunner ‘erriot is an odd un. Told to clear t’breech and he’s stripped t’waist, soaped up one arm, shoved it right up t’barrel to shoulder and started guddling around

If you're going to stick your arm up places, you might want to save a bit of soap for after is what I say

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

If you're going to stick your arm up places, you might want to save a bit of soap for after is what I say

Sid James, Carry on Midwife, 1968

Edited by LostCosmonauts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Sid James, Carry on Midwife, 1968

Of course, I had to look that up, but yeah 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Would our colonial cousins know about Cricket, Croquet and Bowls

I didn't want to use 'football pitches' as that may make the Americans think that naming a game that requires the use of the hands ten times more than the foot 'football', constitutes reasonable behaviour. No need to encourage them.

I also didn't want use any interesting 'sporting' actives least it wouldn't be in keeping with the general monotony of the post. I don't just throw this stuff together you know. The process is more like regurgitation. :sick:

• Haha 6

Aha, To use the standard BBC unit of measurement, This beastie is as big as X times London double decker buses.

5 hours ago, Gorby said:

The process is more like regurgitation. :sick:

You're a sick man.

• Haha 2

Sorry it's been a while since the last update thingy, stuff/things happening you know. May years ago I considered naming one of my goldfish 'Things', then when people said “How's things”, I could reply “swimming around happily but a bit of his flakes”. Probably best I didn't, I'm responsible for too much confusion in the world as it is.

I wish I had the power of the brief update. You know, the one photo, half a dozen words sort of thing. It's completely beyond me. In order to prevent the hapless reader breaking down, I've broken down the post into survivable snippets (although reading through it, I may have redefined 'snippet'). I normally start with what I think will be the most complicated bit, but how could I resist fiddling with that amazing body? I began with what I later learned is called 'enthusiasm'. Odd feeling, totally unfamiliar to me, although there's really no point dwelling on it as it''s unlikely to happen again.

As I've said, I've not got a lot of usable info to go on, so some of this build is going have to be 'best guess'. Like the question 'Where did the driver/commander/ pointerer-in-the-right-directioner sit?'

I pondered a few possibilities:

Driver+A.png

There is a possibility that I may have lost concentration for a second or two, which is a much more familiar feeling that that weird enthusiasm thing. In fact I often get lost in thought. Although that's not surprising when it's such unfamiliar territory. Sticking to an assigned task has never been a strong point of mine (the search goes on. One day I'll find one). Back in the olden days when I still worked (not much of me works now) if someone was fool enough to invite me to a meeting, my usual contribution would be heavy snoring. They stopped inviting me in the end, which was good as I found it easier to sleep at my desk.

I had a word with myself and after a promising to behave, cranked my few remaining brain cells into action again. From what I can see, the only possibility is below the main guns. But here isn't a great idea:

Driver+B.png

As he doesn't get a good view due to sitting too far back from the front and also because it's going to end up looking like this:

Driver+C.png

(Maybe not exactly like that, but you get the idea).

The only sensible place is here:

Driver+D.png

Wha'dya think?

Forget that, I'm not that fussed about your opinions. It isn't that I don't care about your thoughts on the subject, it more that I really don't give a monkeys, which even I would admit is splitting hairs a tiny bit. I just thought I might try out this 'inclusivity' thing. It made me shudder and recoil in instinctive horror, so I'll file it away with 'enthusiasm' in the 'never to be opened' drawer.

Annnyyyway, time to cut some plastic.

They call him Spiderman - because he can't find his way out of the bath. You'd think the Wehrmacht would have been able to employ a better class of idiot.

Body+1.JPG

What the hell have the Wehrmacht got to do with this you're probably asking? Due to a shortage of suitable personnel, I'm having to employ German tank maintenance crew from thirty years in the future. For some reason there aren't any available 1/48 American tank crew from an era when there wasn't any American tanks. WHAT!?!? Yes I know,silly isn't it.  I haven't even got the 'first team' crew, my lot are from the Hitler youth reserve team. Tamiya must have miss-measured their sample human as this photo of a more accurately sized Juan Forty-Eighth shows (wee weed as usual and angling for a punch-up. Either that or it's the most aggressive game of rock paper scissors ever.)

Body+1a.JPG

Which leads me to an admission. As the figures I'm using are under scale, my whopper is more like 1/50th (but she says she loves me anyway).

It's still going to be a hell of a whopper (just as well as I'm contractually obliged by the title).

Body+2.JPG

If it doesn't look straight, it's probably because it's conforming to the curvature of the earth.

In a single bound (and a bit of falling over after going a little dizzy after he stood up too quickly) he was free! 1/50 Spiderman isn't likely to be a hit at the box office.

Body+3.JPG

This thing is going to use so much plastic I'll have to sleep with one eye open in case Greta Whatsit comes at me with a cleaver. I'll have to say that I'm going to recycle it into something else at the end of the build so that it doesn't classify as 'single use plastic'. Perhaps I could convert it to an out of town shopping centre, or Albania's stunt double. Difficult to believe, but modelling may cease to be something we can brag about at parties (if that damn invite ever arrives). Rather than wow our friends, family and acquaintances with wild tales of our daring weathering techniques or our audacious use of Tamiya Extra Thin, we will have to pretend we spend the weekends training our performing cricket troupe (incidentally, is a cricket a grasshopper in shin pads?). Well, that's what I'm saying anyway, you'll have to find something else. Modelling will be shunned – even by the dead cool fashionable set, or maybe banned as a potential choking hazard for Blue Whales, due to plastics inherent urge to migrate back to the oceans. Just as well I'm not lining this one with lead as I usually do, or it would sink like a bashful ICBM, concussing innocent whales on it's way into the abyss. Plunging with such speed through the water the friction will heat the ocean, melting the icecaps and adding penguins to the list of angry birds with a grudge.

Upps! I'm sorry about that. This post is turning me into a sleazy 1970's character from a sitcom that was justifiably burned after it's first broadcast. Probably best stop now before I say anything I rege….. Arrr, bit late for that. :blush:

Next up, embarrassing body bulges and acne, the whopper goes through the difficult teenage years.

Please note: this classifies as a short post. Honest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

As promised, a "laugh" from me but I also like what you're doing there. Basic shape is visible and thanks to the boxing fellow and his friends we can see how big this thing would be.  You know, I've been thinking about the future political correctness of "plastic modelling" as well. Maybe we'll all be modelling wooden ships shortly. But maybe we can just make up another word for plastic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

But maybe we can just make up another word for plastic. 

Good idea, it would confuse at lest a few of them if we say “No, I don't use plastic. I use styrene.” :nod:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 14/03/2020 at 02:41, JeroenS said:

Maybe we'll all be modelling wooden ships shortly.

Ahhhhh...😊😊🥰😘

What a lovely thought.

Just lovely...🌷🌺🌼🌻🌼🌻🌞🌞

• Haha 4

On 3/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, Gorby said:

Wha'dya think?

Forget that, I'm not that fussed about your opinions. It isn't that I don't care about your thoughts on the subject, it more that I really don't give a monkeys, which even I would admit is splitting hairs a tiny bit. I just thought I might try out this 'inclusivity' thing. It made me shudder and recoil in instinctive horror, so I'll file it away with 'enthusiasm' in the 'never to be opened' drawer.

As you seem to be building the world's ultimate Land Ship would it make sense (OK I know that's an oxymoron) to treat the rooftop turret as a bridge and sit your driver fella in there so he has an good all round view of his surroundings as they slowly pass him by ?

There's an opportunity for a suitably witty caption somewhere in this picture....

spacer.png

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Richard E said:

As you seem to be building the world's ultimate Land Ship would it make sense (OK I know that's an oxymoron) to treat the rooftop turret as a bridge and sit your driver fella in there so he has an good all round view of his surroundings as they slowly pass him by ?

A couple of nautical types on another forum have said the same thing, so it's entirely possible. Personally I wouldn’t know one end of a floaty thing to the other.

Anyway, I've cut the plastic so someone lives there now. :nod:

• Like 1

I hope your all keeping well. I haven't succumb to the dreaded lurgy yet, which is just as well as you're all a figment of my imagination. Sorry to break it to you so bluntly but if I go, you go.

I've been self isolating years before it was fashionable, so during the first week I haven't noticed much different other than Mrs Gorby hanging around more than normal, thinking up ways of making my days less enjoyable.

Now, as I like you (not you at the back, you can bugger off!) I'm going to give you a few tips that will give you the edge over the common herd. I paid good money for a medical degree, so I know what I'm talking about. Okay admittedly it wasn't my degree, but I helped pay for it, so that pretty much makes me a doctor doesn't it? You pay for something, it's yours. You might want to note these down and spread them around the world using that FaceTube thingy.

Obviously your average virus is teetotal, it really, really doesn't like alcohol and where does your average virus live? In the lungs. Using the power of genius, putting these points together, a sure-fire method of prevention would be to drown in a vat of alcohol. Some naysayer pedant pointed out that apparently that may have one or two negative issues, besides spoiling a perfectly good vat of booze. For any simpering namby-pambys that aren't up for the 100% deterrent, I've managed to come up with a less effective alternative. As all us medical professionals know, the stomach is is in the rough vicinity of the lungs (technical term – torso), therefore supplying the stomach with copious quantities of alcohol at regular intervals should do the trick. A positive side effect would be that you probably wouldn't know you have the virus and probably wouldn't care anyway. Some would say that's just an excuse to get ratted, to which I would say “How dare you suggest you need a reason too get ratted!”

And not ordering bat soup off the menu might be a good idea as well.

Feel free to thank me in the form of large denomination notes and/or toilet rolls.

Let's kick some virus butt (not entirely sure if the little buggers have butts – citation needed).

Now that we can put our worries behind us, I'll get on with the important stuff.

The bloody, next to useless description (which I'll shorten into the easily remembered 'TbloNeTUsDesc'. So catchy I've copyrighted the phrase so you can't steal it) mentions 'sponsons' but neglects to mention anything that may be useful in working out what they actually looked like - 'In the centre of the sides projected sponsons were provided', whoopee, I can barely contain my glee. Had they never heard that a picture can paint a thousand words? In fact the TbloNeTUsDesc© is probably longer than a thousand words. Didn't they have fag packets or envelopes that could scrawl something down on?

I've search long and hard (well, maybe not that hard) to find more info on the monitor, it all seems to come down to the same TbloNeTUsDesc©. I'm assuming that the side view that I'm using is also based on the TbloNeTUsDesc©. It looks like they have used a variation on the sponsons on the WWI British heavy tank, so that's what I'll go with. My idea of 'exhaustive research' is a couple of Google searches and as I tend to get sidetracked or distracted by the – oh look, shiny thing. It is conceivable that the side view bod is better informed – most people are.

Now it's come down to the sticking bit's together photos I feel all worded out, so…. I stuck these bits together (times two):

IMG_1675.JPG

Reinforced the joints with 2mm rod (an experiment, but it worked really well):

IMG_1676.JPG

Did odd things:

IMG_1682.JPG

The side view drawing looks like ball joint type fitting is used for the machine guns, like these:

brussels-mkIV-british-ww1-tank-machine-g

http://tank-photographs.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ww1-british-mark-IV-male-tank-brussels-belgium.html

Resulting in this:

IMG_1683.JPG

It isn't the only way I thought about doing a half sphere, but I've got a workshop (big shed with ideas above it's station) with more screws than Wormwood Scrubs. This is a result of half a life of thinking “oh, that's a good price” and then two weeks later completely forgetting that I've bought any screws. Six isn't going to make much of a dent in my screw mountain but at least it makes me feel like my screw purchases were worthwhile. In the end I used screws that I'd inherited rather than bought. Damnit!

To make life more difficult for myself, I'm going to pose some hatches of the monitor in the open position. Which means that the inside of one of the sponsons will be visible (just) that means I needed to open the side of the whopper.

IMG_1681.JPG

It came down to a choice of plasticard or electricity. It wouldn't have been an easy sell to Mrs Gorby, so when she finds out I'll finally be able to sing castrato (if you're male and squeamish, don't look that up :o).

Only joshing. Oh what a doltish card I am (mental note: stop watching so many vintage films).

Top tip! (this one isn't likely to save your life though).

Ever encountered those saw snag blues? Then you need to rub on some lube (what a filthy mind you have). Wearing my carpentry hat (the pretty red one with the tassels) to lubricate a saw, the traditional method is to rub the sides with a candle, it really makes a significant difference. The newfangled modern method is to use dry lubricant in a rattlecan but try doing that on a tiny razor saw and see how fast all your accumulated modelling detritus slides off your desk. That's why the candles rear end looks as ragged as yours would if I dragged a saw through it repeatedly. :S

Once riveted on, it brings me to the end of this updates drivel ocean. I'll do a little bit of detailing on the inside, but not a lot as it'll be darker than a Guinness flood in a coal hole, on a dark night during a blackout.

IMG_1769.JPG

Stay healthy mates. I've got precious few audience members without loosing any.

Good god! I've just noticed that I'm getting close to the 4,000 word mark on this WIP so far, and I've barely started the build. I really can't do this 'brief update business' can I – more rabbit than Australia. Mike usually spanks his members (not a euphemism) due to their photos using unnecessary bandwidth, I'm nobbling it with text. :blush:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: Waffle ahead (the model related content of the following post has been independently measured at 0.072%). I seem to have ended up with half hundred weight of second-hand words that are starting to go a bit pongy. You don't mind if I back up the van and dump them on you?

Thought you would, just as well I didn't take any notice.

I decided that dying would hamper further progress on my whopper, so didn't. I'd strongly advise you to do the same as it would also seriously affect your enjoyment of this thread. To show Covid who's boss, I laughed in its face by getting even older. It doesn't feel like it, but it seems I've aged another year since my last update. Time flies (I tried to, but they move too fast).

For my annual getting older day, we all gathered around an imaginary grand piano (because we imagine we're posh) and sang “Crappy birthday to me/you, crappy birthday to me/you…..”. When I say 'all', it was just me, Mrs Gorby, the voices in my head and the dog (obviously the dog didn't sing, she doesn't know the lyrics). We did observe social distancing (except the dog. If you know anything about Golden Retrievers you'd know that social distancing is a total impossibility for them (I think they spontaneously combust or something – it's never happened in the entire history of Golden Retrievers so no one knows)) Mrs Gorby was at home, the voices were having a short holiday in some other blokes head, and I was at the park with the dog. It was just me really wasn't it? How sad. :sad:

At long last, the world has realised that a global holiday to honour my birthday is in order. It's the least they can do. Twelve weeks is a little more than I was expecting though – eleven weeks would easily have been enough.

We've also sort of gained a full time dog since I last annoyed you. She was previously our part time dog (by which I don't mean she was a cat at the weekends). Let me explain. She used to stay here 8 till 5 during the week, but my American daughter-in-law (to protect the innocent we'll call her Kristy – which is a remarkable coincidence because that's her name) was convinced that Ella was a bat-plague carrier and was attempting to socially distance herself from her. In order to prevent a potential devastating conflagration, we did the decent thing. Which is fine with Ella as she thinks she lives here anyway, and never seemed to understand why I sent her away every evening.

No offence, but it is a tad embarrassing admitting that my daughter-in-law is American. On the plus side, she is doing rather well in her 'being utterly, spiffingly British' lessons. She's even mastered using a knife and fork at the same time! She's also come on leaps and bounds with her apologising. Perhaps one day she'll reach the prestigious, 'I'm most terribly, terribly sorry' standard that most Brits are innately born with.

The more British Kristy gets, the more American Mrs Gorby gets. It's the fault of those crappy made for TV 'movies' (in the brief snippets I've seen of these things, there isn't any people who are over-weight, ugly, poor, armed or harbouring ill will against others. What a wondrous country America must be :whistle:). Imagine my horror a few days ago when she used the word “Trash”. I shook my head in dismay and gave her a look like she'd made a social faux pas on par with doing a silent but deadly in the presence of the queen and then using the 'who smelt it dealt it' rule, whilst continually addressing her as 'Liz'. Which of course it is. :o

Yesterday we had the credit card bill come though which included the bill for an Italian meal to celebrate my stepsons 30th birthday a few weeks ago (christ how did I get so old so soon, it only seems like yesterday that I was young and foolish. At least I still have one of those qualities). My first thought was 'how things have changed in such a short time', but it was followed quite quickly with my shock over the price. I wondered why Mrs Gorby grabbed the bill at the time. Admittedly there were six of us at the posh nosh shop, but £257 still seems steep. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice do, and it was nice grub, but I inherited my granddads stomach and I'd be equally happy to have eaten cheese on toast at the local greasy spoon. My nan was a bloody awful cook, I mean like world standard awful. She was of an era where food had to be beaten into submission and all possible nutritional value destroyed, long before it was allowed to leave the kitchen. She didn't hold with vitamins. Having said that, after EVERY meal my granddad heroically endured, he would sit back and say “Bloody lovely!” Even with provocation he managed it (although most meals she produced were tantamount to a declaration of war). On Sunday he would promise to be back in time for tea, but as a man of steel, the pub had a more magnetic pull. When he finally arrived home, many, many hours after the designated time, he would find his food still in the oven looking like something you'd use to cook your barby, but he would STILL eat every last blackened lump and STILL sit back and say “Bloody lovely”. Nothing could wind my nan up more than him saying “Bloody lovely” after he was supposed to have broken down in tears at the mere sight of his intended inedible nemesis.

My hero. They don't make em like that any more.

What I could have bought with £257. :sad:

What the hell has this to do with modelling? Erm, nothing really. I'm most terribly, terribly sorry old chap, I do tend to blather on a bit. Just think of it as me helping you though the lockdown buy using all of your time. Okay, be like that then. If feel like that you may need to go and view someone else’s whopper. Alternately, if you are insistent that mine is the most irresistible whopper you've ever laid eyes on, you could just look at the pictures. At least it'll save having to move your lips and drag your finger across the screen.

Aaaannyway. I need to offload that. Like the old saying, “a problem shared is a problem doubled” - not strictly historically accurate, but I updated it to make it more factually accurate. Mind you, don't think your safe, that's just the first van load of purifying prose.

'Normal' service will shortly be resumed.

Next up – the whopper gets arms (but, much like me, usually tends to be legless).

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

The whopper has advanced a great deal since last we met. I'm playing catch up with the WIP as normal because I've been in more of a modelly mood. Mrs Gorby's way of passing time of late is by attempting blight my lockdown days with 'tasks'. She even suggested that this would be a perfect opportunity to decorate the house. If it's the end of civilisation as we know it, I'm not painting the [please insert the the fruitiest swear word of your choosing] house! If the four minute warning sounded, you're no going to do the washing up are you? So that's an emphatic 'NO' then.

Be honest, your impressed by the size of its weapon. It's a all question of proportion you see. On a battleship, where it's supposed to be, you think “Aaarrr, teeny-weeny pop guns”, on an armoured pram, you think “BLOODY HELL!!!!” and cross yourself even if you aren't catholic.

I barely considered the big guns at the start. Easy I thought. A rummage through my drawers was enjoyable, but fruitless. I had to resort to browsing the bay of evilness. Even buying myself out of trouble would mean having to perfectly taper each section. I managed to find plastic for the largest section (9mm) fortunately Mrs. Gorby hasn't notice that a couple of her blouses are sharing the same clothes hanger yet. Faced with the full horror of paying £12 for the other sizes, my brain clicked into 'Emergency, Money at Risk' mode and I came up with a completely free option within five minutes. Panic averted. Not only was if free, it meant doing a lot less work. That's what I call a plan.

Gun+0.JPG

It may seem as foolish as wearing flip-flops up Everest. It really does make sense. In the five years I've had the set of brushes, the BIG ones have been used once or twice at most; Santa got me a new set recently and we ascertained in my last build, I'm no bloody good with the things anyway. It doesn't mean that I can't use the resulting brush wreckage, it just means that they're are a little stumpy. I've got stubby screwdrivers, why not stubby brushes – it'll catch on, it's the future. :nod:

It's vitally important for national security……. Sorry, sorry, my brain just slipped into 'Drama Queen' mode. Every since I went to 'Emergency, Money at Risk' mode I'm having trouble getting back to, for the sake of argument we'll call 'Normal'. I never really did find the 'Normal' position (I didn't look that hard to be honest). I think it's located somewhere between psychosis and accountant. Back to the point. It's reasonably important to cut the handles so they aren't skew-wiff (pause while the non Brits find out what I'm on about). It isn't often I manage to dredge two plans out of my head in a single day. It involved these:

Gun+1.JPG

The result of my experiment was obviously a staggering success. There's really no need to try and replicate my stunning results – just put my name forward for the Nobel prize for modelling – again :blush:. I'll budge up the other awards on the mantelpiece to make room. I'll probably use the same acceptance speech as the last seven times, it won't matter, no one was awake at the end anyway. To be honest it gets a bit boring really. What's that you're saying? You wouldn't know? How insensitive of me. :whistle:

The result was perfectly straight sections…... just not in the right bloody place. :wall:

Gun+2.JPG

Putting the brush in a drill and holding a saw to the line was quicker and turned out just as straight.

Gun+3.JPG

It also proved to be the easiest and most accurate way of sawing the sections off – but needed a more heavy duty saw.

Gun+4.JPG

Gun+5.JPG

Not easy getting the holes perfectly central, but it's an excellent way to extend your weapon – you can ignore those emails now.

Gun+6.JPG

Gun+7.JPG

At first I wasn't sure if both the big bangy things were in the same turret. The TbloNeTUsDesc© mentions '…..a pair of gun mounts with cylindrical movable masks.' Not having a clue what 'gun masks' are, I made the mistake of doing a Google image search. There are some exceptionally odd people in the world :o. Right or wrong, I've christened these masks.

Gun+8.JPG

For various reasons I went for two turrets and obviously felt the need to make things more difficult by making the guns have full movement. This is private Heinz Plastik admiring his impressive weapon.

Gun+9.JPG

That's an odd shape you're probably thinking (how the hell can you see me?). Of course the blueprints for the gun base were revealed to me in their perfect completeness by divine inspiration. Sometimes perfection needs the odd tweak so lets compromise by calling it divine evolution (thereby annoying both points of view). :wicked:

I told him what would happen if he played with it. Dirty boy!

Gun+10.JPG 

Gun+11.JPG

The thing in rubber bondage wear is one of the turrets. It wasn't easy wrapping it so tightly, so over a few days, it got bound to objects of reducing diameters. Eventually it was quite easy to get to 22.5 mm. I put a surprising amount of time into turret production, only to find that it was virtually impossible to get the guns to sit in the correct place in them. Damn! :wall:

Plan 'B':

Gun+11a.JPG

After fifteen minutes pretending to be a plumber; ten minutes with a Dremel and half a lifetime filing, two plan 'B' turrets were ready with the nagging thought “Why wasn't this plan 'A'?

Gun+12.JPG

The fit is as tight as a Scotsmans grip on a fiver.

Gun+13.JPG

Nearly done. They just need a bit of a tidy up and some pimply skin, which fortuitously, will get them to the exact diameter.

Gun+14.JPG

Temporarily in situ.

Gun+15.JPG

This far in the build I've used plastic, wood, brass, copper, sarcasm and I'm hoping to use porcelain in the on-suites, glass on the balustrade and maybe velvet for the curtains.

Stay healthy mates, and don't mention the event.

(Damn, I mentioned the event…. Noooo I did it again. I said to myself, “the last thing you should do is mention the even, and the last thing I did mas mention the event. I can't seem to stop mentioning the event, I must have 'event Tourettes'. I can't even blame the lockdown as I haven't noticed much different with my life so far.) :shutup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

. I wondered why Mrs Gorby grabbed the bill at the time. Admittedly there were six of us at the posh nosh shop, but £257 still seems steep.

£257 seems steep?

I took Mrs H for a significant Birthday meal at Glyn Purnell's in Birmingham (1 Michelin star)7 years ago and it cost £168 for the two of us. She damn near fainted when she finally badgered me into telling her how much it cost.

I will say this though, the food was absolutely spot on, the service was equally spot on, and I got a photo of her and Mr. Purnell to remind her of our fine dining experience.

In all honesty, if you can afford it, going to one of these fine dining/celebrity chef places is an experience. At least, I think so. We haven't done it since.

Well, unless you count afternoon tea at the Savoy for our daughter on her birthday. Which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

• Like 2

Having done a catch up on the latest version of this topics electronic ravings, I've come to the conclusion that someone hasn't been taking his green pills.

Having said that, the gun barrels and turrets came out looking rather good. So we'll leave it at that and pretend the ravings didn't happen. (For now).

• Like 1
  • Haha 6