T-62 mod 1972 - Trumpeter 1/35

Kris B

very nice, am wandering around various kit options to purchase for my next build and tempted by this... what is wrong with the kit tracks?

Thanks. 

Robw_UK I would say they are OK. But it is plastic individual links which means you have to cut them out of sprue, clean and form in the right shape. They are bow on the top section. For me build the metal ones is much quicker and easier.

Edited by Kris B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow filters. Camera definitely do not like green and yellow. Real colours are between them on the photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

Thanks lads. 

Next was numbers or letters - whatever it is. First I've cut some masks. 

spacer.png

And then spray and worn them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Thank you John. The tank have lots of scratches and worn so I haven't any idea how I can weather the decals to get good effect. Here I've used the hair spray technique. 

Massive bonus is that those markings aren't WWII German so doesn't need to be perfect. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/08/2020 at 09:01, Kris B said:

Can someone tell me or mark on this photo where those fuel inlets are? 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the three points between the forward fuel cell and the hatch, are for hydraulic fluid for the dozer blade. If you look, there is a filler point next to where the fuel lines from the cells, enter the tank. That could be the filler point for the internal tanks.

HTHs

John.

Thanks. 

John on another forum the guys told me it was on the back, near the fuel lines from external tank going into the hull and two on the front, near the single tank on the fender.