Karaya Supermarine Sea Lion II - 1922 Schneider Cup winner - 1/72nd resin

Wow, that is quick. What a great result!

Thanks for the lead on the jig and decals - I have the Arctic decals for the Kangaroo. A producer of some very eclectic subjects, well done on getting a new set produced, and thank you.

Look forward to seeing your build dressed up. :) 

PR

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andwil said:

It is, it really is superb.

Gorgeous colour too.

AW

Thanks, AW

The model is of course not without faults (my faults, that is), but I managed somehow to pull it off, mostly, thankfully.

22 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! That looks fantastic, especially when you consider just how small that is in 1/72 scale.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I am trying to do things the best I can, not always works, but as long as I am able to avoid big boo-boos, I am happy.

• Like 1

That is looking the dog's danglies Claudio! Can't wait to see it with the decals on.

Impatient of Mars 👽

• Thanks 1

Some potentially choppy waters ahead:

1) A solution for those big area radiators

2) The complex structure that needs to be fabricated for the encounter of the engine bearers with some reinforcement struts

3) The rather fuzzy (lack of good references, but enough to infer a solution) retractable wheels sub-assembly.

4) The insertion and alignment of those tail riggers onto the wings and then adding the tail feathers

5) The rigging of it all

• Like 2

Thi kit is turning out as beautiful as I hoped, it's been a lot of fun watching your progress. Something to look forward to in these very challenging times. Can't wait to see it in it's race livery!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quiet Mike said:

Thi kit is turning out as beautiful as I hoped, it's been a lot of fun watching your progress. Something to look forward to in these very challenging times. Can't wait to see it in it's race livery!

Thanks, Mike

Glad to have shared the adventure!
Cheers

My goodness, Claudio- that is some incredible and fastidious modeling! I don't know about it being the 'dog's danglies.' as a certain intergalactic styrene surgeon has described it, but it sure is the bee's knees as far as I'm concerned. Sharing your tips and techniques with all of us  is certainly appreciated by this admitted military modeler. :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moa said:

Er... I am out of words.

I dare to ask the Yorkshire wife.

She will tell you the correct phrase and go on to explain that it is a term of high praise.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...