*blank* crew in action.

WelshZeCorgi

I've started picking up a few model kits with full interiors and clear skin, like the ryefield panther g and the AFV club t-34/85. But I always like to add figures to the models I make, and with a clear view of the interior, I see the opportunity to add figures in their fighting positions, with gunners gunlaying, loaders ready with the next shell, the commander looking through the cupola ports. But other than the "Stalingrad" panther/tiger/king tiger crew in action resin kits, I can't find other crews like for the t-34/85.

Is there one out there I'm not seeing with my googlefu or do I basically have to learn how to make my own figures? 

On 2/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, WelshZeCorgi said:

I've started picking up a few model kits with full interiors and clear skin, like the ryefield panther g and the AFV club t-34/85. But I always like to add figures to the models I make, and with a clear view of the interior, I see the opportunity to add figures in their fighting positions, with gunners gunlaying, loaders ready with the next shell, the commander looking through the cupola ports. But other than the "Stalingrad" panther/tiger/king tiger crew in action resin kits, I can't find other crews like for the t-34/85.

Is there one out there I'm not seeing with my googlefu or do I basically have to learn how to make my own figures? 

I bought a set of Hobby Fan resin Russian crew for an AFV club full-interior T34, and plan to do just what you suggest. I got them from Lucky Model about 8 years ago. Looks like they are available online elsewhere.

I haven't built them yet but I think Hobby Fan was associated with AFV club somehow so maybe they were designed to fit the AFV club kit?

I did complete a set of Hobby Fan British tank riders and the quality was very good, except for the faces, I replaced the heads with Ultracast alternatives. 

I can take closeup pictures of the Russian figures tonight if that helps you make a decision.

• Thanks 1

Here are the Hobby Fan figures, the faces are better than the tank riders were. I do wish a company would make some injection molded crews in action. While I'm dreaming I wish there was an M4A4 kit with full interior.

IMG_7687

IMG_7688

IMG_7689

IMG_7690

Edited by Ted
  • Thanks 1