looking for Rigging drawings for a Hawker Fury I

Duncan B

I am building the Airfix Hawker Fury I to give me some more experience of rigging biplanes but have been unable to find decent references for the actual rigging layout. I have found rigging diagrams for the Hawker Hart and Demon but suspect they were rigged differently when compared to photos of the Fury. Can someone point me in the right direction to Fury rigging diagrams please?

Duncan B

4 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Most of what you need is either on here or visible on photos of G-CBZP / K5674. This is a rough scan of the Westburg drawings: the full set is available at a reasonable cost from the Smithsonian in the USA.

775945.jpg

3 hours ago, Julien said:

These might be of some use?

Those are perfect, thank you both.

Duncan B

@JWM I have looked at lots of photos which gave plenty of clues but these photos are perfect as they are from a very good angle so I can see the whole story now so thanks for posting them.

The top photo also clears up a problem I was having with the drawings posted earlier in this thread. In the drawings they show incidence wires between the cabane struts that I was never able to see on any photos but it is clear that the cabane strut design changed at some point to include a cross member that replaced the cross wires.

Duncan B

• Like 1