Pz.Kpfw III Munitionschlepper

Afternoon all.....a quick turn around project made from a defunct Dragon Stug III kit that had lost it's parts to install the gun mantlet etc. So, what to do with it..........convert it to a support vehicle. I didn't get to take images of the build so no build blog. There was not much to it other than build a new upper structure and canvas topped hinged cover. The addition of additional racks on the sides for fuel and additional supplies. Nothing special as regards tracks ( rubber band that came with the kit) or PE...used it as a filler between projects.....and some experimenting in weathering etc.

Hope you like.

QPjef6l.jpg

XzLOrpI.jpg

QnXCHyh.jpg

sVaQcvF.jpg

Z06s1rW.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 30

Another belter there Simon, great use of spares.  

Brilliant attention to detail, down to things like the stencilling on the Ammo box and fire extinguisher, the worn wood effect on the tool handles, rather than a uniform wood brown colour. The tow hawser looks like a heavy well used grubby length of cable, perfect.

The tarpaulin being foil stretched over the frame, painted and weathered to suit?

You do like your three tone German schemes dont you. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Another belter there Simon, great use of spares.  

Brilliant attention to detail, down to things like the stencilling on the Ammo box and fire extinguisher, the worn wood effect on the tool handles, rather than a uniform wood brown colour. The tow hawser looks like a heavy well used grubby length of cable, perfect.

The tarpaulin being foil stretched over the frame, painted and weathered to suit?

You do like your three tone German schemes dont you. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl 

THANKS DARRYL :yes:.....and yes, I luckily had the front plate on hand from a Ausf L Panzer III. All I had to do was build in white styrene the remaining rear of the upper hull. Add in the upper welds lines......all done....... The tarpaulin is KitKat foil wrapper. Really nice stuff, and perfect thickness. You can get some nice taut folds etc. When I accidentally tore it slightly, I put a patch over it as I imagine would be done in the field........:D

Thanks again mate......:yes:

• Like 1

I love the way that you refer to these as "a quick turnaround project". You churn them out quicker than Henry Ford did with the Model T. But I have to say that it looks superb, and sometimes, I find that it's the most mundane of items that stand out the most. And in this case, it's the canvas cover. I've never seen one look so realistic. Nice one Simon.

John.

• Thanks 1

Thanks John.......:yes:

I wouldn't say that fast......:coolio:...having more time on my hands than in the past, does help..:D....This one was a 6 week turn around, on and off. I find when I start a new big project like the Bergepanther.....I need distractions. I have 8 unfinished in the cabinet that will fill these gaps also over this year. I'm trying to get as many done to take to the Cosford Show in April, to display on our table with  the rest of the club members......

Regards the cover.......as I said to Darryl......can't beat foil from a KitKat........easy to work with. The crease's form themselves really.

Thanks again John for taking a look.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Really nicely finished and painted and like others have said - the Tarp rendition really sets it off :clap2:

Rob

1 hour ago, Phil1960 said:

Superb weathering on a rare and nice subject.

Bravo.

Thanks guy's  :yes:.......it was a fun project. 

Cheers

Simon.

That's a clever way to turn some doomed model and make a different vehicle of it.

The model has turned out really good. I like the weathering and tarp very much.

And it's quite unusual vehicle too - don't really remember having seen one before. 

It's a bit shame, there's no build log for it. I would've rally enjoyed it.

Kristjan

What an absolutely fantastic job you have made of that! Stunning modelling, painting and weathering!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix