Revell 1:72 F-14a VF-124 Gunfighters

Hi all,

Finally got round to taking some piccies of my recent build of Revells 1:72 F-14a.

Picked this up second hand for less than a Tenner and decided it needed building to make a hole in the stash (which has now been filled by a 1:48 Hobbyboss F-14B :))

Its not a bad old kit all in all, a bit dated now and there are definitely much nicer options out there but it was an enjoyable build.

I broke the nose (pitot?) so replaced it with the nozzle from a disposable lighter with a pin pushed through it and doesn't look too bad! Other than that I added some basic masking tape belts to the seats and scraped the edges on intakes and the 2 ducts on top a bit thinner. Scheme is as one of the box options, for VF124 Gunfighters and nice to have a black tailed Tomcat in the display cabinet. Paints were Vallejo for the gull grey and Tamiya for the rest, Alclad clear aqua gloss, oil wash and then Xtracrylics matt to finish.

Annoyingly now that I have taken the pics I see there is a split in join just in front of the starboard wing so will get that sorted out. Anyway, hope you like and any C&CC appreciated, cheers Stu

UGpTIht.jpg
DaeCh57.jpg
H1hoDJs.jpg
FjuDQdI.jpg
Qclwy39.jpg
tibgfB1.jpg
2FleAul.jpg
GpkcQHc.jpg
EwwoEyR.jpg
QSciPyV.jpg
cuQCtz2.jpg
39k8IVt.jpg

Edited by stoohoo
Tried to resize photos!
  • Like 31

On 2/28/2020 at 4:52 PM, stoohoo said:

I broke the nose (pitot?) so replaced it with the nozzle from a disposable lighter with a pin pushed through it and doesn't look too bad!

A man after my own heart! 🤣  Looks great, mate, as does the whole plane. 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind comments and likes guys they are greatly appreciated.

Neil - get yourself an F-14, not only are they one of the most attractive looking planes ever, you also get to have Danger Zone playing in your head every time you pick it up to work on it 😂

Thanks for the info on colours Tony. There were no instructions with the kit so cant say Revell definitely got it wrong. My painting and decal placement were interpretation from pics I could see on the net of 453 so more my mistake than theirs.

Cheers again!

• Like 1