BBMF Lancaster (with companions)

PhantomBigStu

Good to see all these getting finished Stu. Lanc canopy framing is not my favourite topic either, however I seem to know it quite well having spent so much time on it on my build and still think it needs a bit more work! See you in the gallery shortly. 

Cherrs.. Dave

• Like 1

That’s a shame Stu, however best not to rush it just to make a date deadline. My Lanc is close, however the more time I seem to put into it, the further the finish seems to be? I’m working the next four days so progress will be limited to an hour a day and that’s dependant on how the work days goes as I’m usually shattered when I get home. 

We’ll see it as an RFI when you’re happy it’s finished. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s a shame Stu, however best not to rush it just to make a date deadline. My Lanc is close, however the more time I seem to put into it, the further the finish seems to be? I’m working the next four days so progress will be limited to an hour a day and that’s dependant on how the work days goes as I’m usually shattered when I get home. 

We’ll see it as an RFI when you’re happy it’s finished. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Indeed, not going to rush though I will finish the companions so I actually have something completed for the month of May being yet to finish anything else. Gives bit more time to finish my two in the navy entries which I’ll need, apparently there’s 250 decals on the phantom to apply

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nacelles are done, though problem is the Humbrol dark green has changed colour and won’t settle back to the original shade no matter how much shaking/stirring occcurs, annoying it as it’s affected not just this but two spitfires that I hoped to get decal ready alongside this today 

50034597767_2c10923944_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nacelles are done, though problem is the Humbrol dark green has changed colour and won’t settle back to the original shade no matter how much shaking/stirring occcurs, annoying.

I feel your pain, Stu. This happened to me then I realised I had varnished before the last of the touch ups. Another coat of varnish on top blended it in - I was lucky! Maybe a final, final stirring session and re-touch plus varnish will cure for you?

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

I feel your pain, Stu. This happened to me then I realised I had varnished before the last of the touch ups. Another coat of varnish on top blended it in - I was lucky! Maybe a final, final stirring session and re-touch plus varnish will cure for you?

Nope can’t get the Humbrol to shift back, fortunately I’ve discovered Vallejo 888 makes a nice substitute for Humbrol 163. Now just a few touch ups of the black and sort the canopy framing out 

50036686403_2189bd7a61_b.jpg

• Like 2