Su-34 Fullback - Syria 2015 1/48

This is just fantastic!  I did not realize they painted over their national insignia on the Su-34.  I know they did it on the Su-24 but initially they had announce they were handing them over to Syria, which obviously never happened.  Anyway, this is great to know and I will look for some pictures myself before I build mine as I also want a version that actually served in combat also.  Anyway, this is great and a very impressive job on doing all that wiring, what a chore but it really looks wonderful.

• Like 1

Looks excellent ! I love a "Fullback". Unfortunately, isn´t made from KittyHawk (which was more accurate in shapes of  for Su-34 typical "beak") but still - GREAT WORK ! (And with heavy payload - yup, really nice hi-tech fighter bomber !)

To call this model "stunning" doesn't even begin to do it justice.  Magnificent model of a beast of an aircraft!

What did you use for the engines?  The jetpipes look incredibly realistic.

Wow, great result. I really like the "Fullback" and your model is one of the best representations I've seen. Although I'm not a fan of the eggplant camo your weathering makes it look really good. Hope mine will look half as good as yours.

Markus

10 hours ago, AlCZ said:

Unfortunately, isn´t made from KittyHawk (which was more accurate in shapes of  for Su-34 typical "beak")

I would also prefer Kittyhawk (harder but better) ... but I improved the duck's beak. I have a Neomega set, but I didn't use it. I corrected the contour and shape based on photos and resin from Neomega. For me, this solution was simpler and faster.

By the way, thank you all for the comments, they really give willingness to the next models.

Best regards Jurek

• Like 1

Jurek, that's one of the best models on this site. The more I look the more I see of your excellent attention to detail and thoughtful application of different techniques. 

You've clearly studied your subject and accurately replicated what you've noticed and observed. And as others have said, the varied paintwork has produced a singular, showstopping result. 

Well done indeed 👏👏👏

• 3 weeks later...

What a superb model! Love the extra effort with hydraulic lines on the undercarriage and bays, it really makes a difference. The Su-34 has always looked a bit like a duck to me, but it's one seriously mean-looking duck!