Su-34 Fullback - Syria 2015 1/48

12 minutes ago, jhutchi said:

Fantastic build. 

What's the story behind the insignia being painted over? 

Fullback use one country and there is no point in hiding the intervention -the reason is supposedly different, in case of shooting down the mark will not appear in the media - image loss

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Natter said:

That's a cracking model, but (IMHO) it's a seriously ugly aircraft only a mother designer could love the look of.

I must respectfully disagree. There is something very majestic about this aircraft, like a goose in flight🥰

I've loved the -34/32FN since I saw it in its very, very early form at the 99 Paris air show (maybe even pre-production)

Edited by Shashman
  • Like 1

Superbly built and painted Jurek. Very nicely weathered and faded without being overdone. Overall in fact it is quite stunning and I agree with you - the SU-34 has a powerful majestic grace - it is truly awesome machine.

There has been much written about the shape of the nose and canopy of this kit but I have seen one built "in real life" and now this one and it looks just fine.

Cheers

Malcolm

45 minutes ago, Baldy said:

There has been much written about the shape of the nose and canopy of this kit but I have seen one built "in real life" and now this one and it looks just fine.

Cheers

Malcolm

I have NeOmega resin correct nose but I didn't use it.  Shape improvement means 15 minutes of sanding on oryginal plastic. I modeled the shape based on pictures and neomega.

For me, this whole "problem" is exaggerated. It is much easier to improve the outline than to match the resin witch fuselage

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Love it, what colors did you use for the eggplant paint scheme?

Hataka set for Fullback....... but colours isn't perfect.

Egplants for me is to much violet - the problem disappears during weathering

Light Blue is to much green - filtered "Blue Angels Blue"

Adu9thOh.jpg
94n1bLoh.jpg
kBoGxYrh.jpg

Edited by Jurek Greinert
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Jurek Greinert said:

I have NeOmega resin correct nose but I didn't use it.  Shape improvement means 15 minutes of sanding on oryginal plastic. I modeled the shape based on pictures and neomega.

For me, this whole "problem" is exaggerated. It is much easier to improve the outline than to match the resin witch fuselage

Well you've done a great job!

Cheers

Malcolm