Churchill Mk. IV AVRE

Pedro1

After seeing an impressive image of a Churchill Mk.IV AVRE tank in the narrow streets of Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands), during the town's liberation in October 1944, I just had to build one in my favourite scale. Dragon has produced a very nice kit of this obstacle buster tank and as luck would have, I managed to find a reasonably priced one on eBay.

Building was pretty straightforward and even the flexible DS track behaved as they should.

After construction the whole model was sprayed British dark green, after which the tracks and tools on the back were painted gun metal and the exhaust given a rust colour. The areas were decals were to go received a quick brush of Klear and after sticking them on, another layer to seal them in. Then everything was sprayed Tamiya flat clear from a spray can. Weathering was done using Tamiya weathering set A (mud) as well as the mud 'marker' pen. I also added some stuff from Blackdog's 1/72 British WW II equipment accessories set and two figures to round it of.

Peter

On to the pics

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1