aoshima kongo 1/350 OOB

steve5

hello everybody , I have been absent from this site for a couple of years , don't know why just sort of happened . I have just picked the aoshima 1/350 kongo 1944 , for my first build back . it will be mostly OOB , as the barrels are slide molded and the cranes look alright , I'm also hopeless with PE . also how do you post pic's , do you have to go to hosting site ?

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

looks like I was able to work it out

Edited by steve5
  • Like 5

thank's stuart , I'm looking forward to the build , got the hull halve's together

spacer.png

this is interesting two bow part's , one you make how you like , the other all molded up . 

spacer.png

can't believe I did this , snapped a rudder taking the masking tape off

spacer.png

ven though it was an easy fix with .5mm brass rod , it's still annoyingspacer.png

can anyone tell me , is it possible to delete a photo , e.g. the one underneath

Edited by steve5
  • Like 5

Hi Steve.

I will follow this thread as I've got the same model in my stash. You have two versions of some parts as this is update version (retake) of the older kit 041178. Aoshima left the older parts, such as deck with molded stuff and added new parts.

I am after wooden deck and this one you have is the only one which fits this kit (only one which I've found). Can you be so kind and do some close photos of this deck, please?

cheers for that stuart , that makes life easier .

Kris , this is about as close as I can get , they seem pretty good , crisp .

spacer.png

this is the bow section just laid in place

spacer.png

and a closer look

spacer.png

hope this helps .

• Like 5

no troubles Kris , one thing I did notice , too late of course , not all of the holes are in the bow wood deck , hopefully it shouldn't be to much of a problem .

started putting the wood deck and bit's and piece's on , a couple are absent , the carpet monster is snacking at the moment , will have get down in the shag pile and try and find them 🥴

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Better less then to much in this case. The Artwox looks nice, but being deck for the early one my have a holes in places where nothing appear. Looks good up to now

Whoa, looks nice. Wooden deck doing the job. BTW is it self adhesive? 

On my Dreadnought I had to use CA on the edges as the deck have a tendency to lifting up slightly. 

yes it's very sticky chris , I have heard quite a few modelers , say they had to add extra glue , these were incredibly sticky , had to be very careful putting them on as they grabbed anything near them .

• 3 weeks later...