The 'Unarmed' Group Build Chat

Brad

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

This thread isn't the poll, it's at the top of the forum where this thread is. You'll see it as the '2021 Bunfight poll'. 

Yeah I know. I’ve already voted in the bunfight.

• Like 1

You can add me and my 1/32 GeeBee to the list. I also have a 1/48 Ford racer and I’m planning a 1/32 Bugatti racer as well. I also have a 1/48 mk XIV that’s earmarked for a civilian scheme ( although there’s also a nice Belgian camo scheme I like) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Great that this has made it through the bunfight it gives me another opportunity to sneak in another couple of railway models.

You and me both!  :thumbsup:    My plan is for two Maunsell Class V "Schools" locos adapted from the old Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol kit.  One in SR Malachite Green livery, one in BR livery with a unicycling lion. 

• Like 1

Yup, count me in. I've got an Acadamy 1.72 Stratocruiser and a set of BOAC markings that seem destined for this Group Build. 

Come to think of it, there's also a FROG Comet restoration job and a set of BEA Redwing decals as well. Oh dear, here we go again...

Tony.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've not been active here for a while, but this is interesting - especially reading all you chaps giving the rules a bit of a curve (if not an outright bend) to get your favoured millitary equipment into this pacifist area! 🤔😇😉.

The suggestions might have escaped my notice, but I don't think anyone mentioned target tugs or supply tanks yet.

However, because my most successful (I say successful, because unusually I finished on time and on budget!) project on BM previously was a pair of pre-war civvie Reserve School Tiger Moths, just to be contrary, I'd like to do another one, but in full camouflage. Still unarmed of course, though I believe the instructors could be fairly offensive to the talentless.

I actually have the kit (Airfix new tool 1/72), the colours and the enthusiasm in stock. So, with much trepidation, I'm in if you're in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is great that this has got in, I will join in too when the time arrives!

I have quite a few options in the stash (Bristol Freighter, Fairey Rotodyne, Ford Fairlane, airliners, AW Argosy, RMS Mauretania, etc.)

The Freighter may still end up in the Bristol GB but that is after this one!

All the best, Ray

Yes by all means more welcome, more the merrier. I will be contributing a build too as the host, so not decided yet but I have a couple of steam locomotives, some classic air races and some civilian aircraft in the stash. Was also thinking about picking up the new Airfix Mk 14 spitfire in the air racing schemes. 

• Like 1

• Brad changed the title to The 'Unarmed' Group Build. Saturday 17 April 2021 - Sunday 8 August 2021

I've got a host of Recce, trainer and transport aircraft in my stash just waiting to be built. Maybe this will be the time that the C47 gets built so I can finally stop staring at the massive box in the spare room! Count me in.

• Like 2

I was thinking at one stage of going with a T4 lightning trainer, but seeing as I've gradually moved away from aircraft and on to cars and bikes I'll have plenty of choices. Probably going to be an F1 build though as that side of the stash is growing too quickly 😂

Ian 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, Adrian Hills said:

Would a Tyrannosaurus Rex be allowed? I know they have big teeth but they've got very little arms

But it has two teeny little arms so wouldn’t fit the unarmed criteria. Have to go for a mozassur, a pliosaur ( or pliesiosaur) or an ichthyosaurs to manage that in a prehistoric reptile :) 

• Haha 1