The 'Unarmed' Group Build Chat

Brad

For some reason, I thought today was the deadline, but it's another two weeks, and has been for who knows how long, maybe forever.

Which is good. Between one thing and another*, progress has been slow, although not non-existent. I have two kits well in hand, for which I'll post belated updates tomorrow. A third kit may require some major surgery if it's to make the cut.

*Including a 10-day heatwave that will be officially over tomorrow. Kits and blistering heat don't mix, not when you live right next to the beach.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, klr said:

For some reason, I thought today was the deadline, but it's another two weeks, and has been for who knows how long, maybe forever.

Which is good. Between one thing and another*, progress has been slow, although not non-existent. I have two kits well in hand, for which I'll post belated updates tomorrow. A third kit may require some major surgery if it's to make the cut.

*Including a 10-day heatwave that will be officially over tomorrow. Kits and blistering heat don't mix, not when you live right next to the beach.

Thanks for posting this, I've also not been near the bench, and had forgotten that all GBs have a deadline eventually! Will hopefully get mine done in time...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last gasp endeavours with Amelia's Lockheed Vega - against the odds 🙄- overcome the treacherous undercarriage assembly +alignment and just sorting out the last of the gold linings...... 

I think I can make it.......!! 

• Like 1

What a brilliant GB this has been, a lot of fabulous models and a very wide range of subjects - aircraft, vintage cars, steam locomotives, hovercraft, even grain silos! Well done everybody. 👏👏

AW

• Like 3

Well guys, we're at the end here. Thanks to all those who participated, I think it was a great GB. I'll get the poll up as soon as I can and you can vote for your favourite finished model

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for running a great GB. :clap2: There are some fabulous models in the gallery. 

I'm disappointed I didn't finish, but I'm trying to learn to build a good replacement wing. 

• Like 2

On 09/08/2021 at 15:34, dnl42 said:

Thanks for running a great GB. :clap2: There are some fabulous models in the gallery. 

I'm disappointed I didn't finish

I agree there are some superb models in there to choose from, it's going to be hard to pick

I'm in similar boat with the gallery, but mine was down to me and nothing but me. I finished my build on May 11th as I wanted to crack on with other stuff then totally forgot to add the pictures 🤣 🤣

Never mind though, building the kits and the banter made it worthwhile 

Ian

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Brad for setting up this eclectic and pleasing GB. Many impressive builds here, I could lower my preliminary selection to "just" ten models .... tough job.

We can vote for only one entry I presume?

Regards.

Pat

• Like 1