The 'Unarmed' Group Build Chat

Brad

This is another GB where I will places one or two railway items in as well as some Airfix Bedford trucks, My entries will be delayed due to my current commitments in the "Anything but Injection" GB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm not very familiar with Vulcans, the idea is that the aircraft was disarmed for a job, so if it was one of the privately owned aircraft, then no. 

Both XL426 and XH558 were display aircraft with the Vulcan Display Flight, not privately owned, at first. 426 went pretty much unmodified, so sounds like a no for that one, but XH558 was converted back to a not quite B2 from a K2 tanker while still with the RAF. 

But anyway, I'm leaning towards the Whitley for this build.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, robw_uk said:

oohhh have a couple that fit this (well 1 tank transporter, the M4 fast tractor has a self-defence machine gun I think). So if this is for 2021 and beyond count me in

completely forgot this and have built the 2 kits I mentioned with none to replace... apologies but I wont be joining

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Found another candidate atop the stash, so close to the ceiling It had fallen out of sight :bangin:.

spacer.png

Now again not knowing what I'll do, Spirit of St Louis or Super Constellation - my forever favourite airliner.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, robw_uk said:

completely forgot this and have built the 2 kits I mentioned with none to replace... apologies but I wont be joining

Come on Rob

Lots of other kits out there that would fit the bill.

What are you looking for ?

Cheers Pat 

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Gentlemen, we are up and running, please feel free to post your thread but remember to wait until the start date to break plastic.

Thank you for the reminder Brad but sadly my time is not my own at the moment so it is unlikely I'll be able to join in :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Found another candidate atop the stash, so close to the ceiling It had fallen out of sight :bangin:.

Super Constellation - my forever favourite airliner.

Go for it, the Constellation is such a good looking aircraft.

Seeing the livery of your Revell kit reminded me of one of the Heller issues. What a plane!

Luft-Constellation.jpg

• Like 2

I have a good few options and more just won, so I'll be spoilt for choice here when they arrive. Incoming are a Matchbox Norseman, and Frog Miles Magister and Percival Proctor. But they will have to battle with others in the pile for my attention. 

Oh Crikey yeah, the Heller Connies! 😍

Edited by rob Lyttle
Addition for Tony
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Oh Crikey yeah, the Heller Connies! 😍

I will, if you will.

I believe we both have Super Constellations over from the Heller GB?

The thought of a build like that running alongside the Stratocruiser I'm already committed to is a bit intimidating, but what a triumph if it came off!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I will, if you will.

I believe we both have Super Constellations over from the Heller GB?

The thought of a build like that running alongside the Stratocruiser I'm already committed to is a bit intimidating, but what a triumph if it came off!

Go large or go home :thumbsup:

GO ON DO IT !

• Haha 2

Not much bigger than a Caravelle Rob. What could possibly go wrong?

I'll treat the slightly smaller Constellation as my warmup for this event. Let's hope whatever decals I use don't give me trouble this time around.

20210214-115026.jpg

• Like 4

Oops. I guess I started a (bon)fire? Sort of a Connie mini STGB?

You started straight away without a warmup, guys. Where are the brakes?

Well now I'm cornered, so I must give the Connie a go.

TWA (red) markings, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Super Constellation - my forever favourite airliner.

16 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

TWA (red) markings, I think.

Good project, PattheCat. 

Have you got the Lufthansa marking as shown on the box?? It's an excellent design. A Connie will never look better than the Lufthansa style. 

Although TWA is pretty smart too 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Good project, PattheCat. 

Have you got the Lufthansa marking as shown on the box?? It's an excellent design. A Connie will never look better than the Lufthansa style. 

Although TWA is pretty smart too 

Hi Rob.

The Lufthansa markings are indeed in the box. I decided on the TWA scheme just because I prefer the "long nose" version. Also, I'll build it in an in flight configuration to keep it as clean and slight as possible (meaning I'll just put it on a stand 😉).

Cheers.

Pat.

• Like 2

I have a couple of kits in my stash that I think qualify for this GB. I'd like to just double check them before I make a start.....

The first is a Percival Proctor. 

https://dorawings.com/products/1-72/53-dw72014-percival-proctor-mkiii.html

1551340421_72014.jpg

I think this is unarmed and was a communications aircraft.

The second is a Bellanca Skyrocket.

https://dorawings.com/products/1-72/123-bellanca-ch-400-skyrockets-dw72013.html

1590091580_72013-bellanca-ch-400-skyrock

This was another communications / hack aircraft.

The 3rd is the big one which I'm putting off but must get it done as the box is enormous but I'll have nowhere to put it once it is built 😕

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-a08014-douglas-c-47-skytrain--258801

258801-14745-19-pristine.jpg

Are these ok?

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

I’ve been waiting for this. Just have to wait until boxes get unpacked in the new house  at the end of the week to find my mozzie for the ANZAC build  and see what emerges from packing boxes first; PR Spitfire or Lysander to determine my entry for this build (an unscientific method but I’ll use it!)

• Like 1