1/48 Hasegawa F-4E AUP

Finally got around to uploading a few shots of my recently completed HAF F-4E AUP.

WIP is here

This was the 1/48 Hasegawa F-4E with a few modifications...

Scratch built cockpit with Verlinden seats as nobody does an AUP pit replacement

Eduard brassin exhausts

Royale resin wheels

Master pitot tube

Eduard 1/72 RFB flags

Verlinden canopy frame details

Paints were custom mixed from GSI and Tamiya acrylics and weathering was a mix of oils and pastels. Decals came from Icarus for the stencils and Model Alliance for the national/sqn markings.

If anyone is planning on building one of these a/c i thoroughly recommend using Eagle Aviation's 'Phantom under the skin' book. Lots of great hi-res photo's from just about every angle.

IMG_E3284

IMG_E3287 IMG_E3289 IMG_E3290 IMG_E3292 IMG_E3294 IMG_E3298 IMG_E3300 IMG_E3302 IMG_E3307 IMG_E3309 IMG_E3310 IMG_E3312

Thanks for looking!

• Like 66
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the kind comments guys, much appreciated 👍

14 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Speechless! :clap2: Travellling pod, where from?

Unc, the travel pod was pinched from my Hasegawa F-16B kit, not sure which other kits have them?

5 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice, great model!

Some AUP specefic weapons would be nice though!

Amraams, Lightning pod, sub munition dispenser glide bomb, etc! 

;)

Thanks exdraken,

I was originally going to go with a full load out, litening pod, LGB's and AMRAAM's etc, but during my research i found out that the aircraft i was representing from Mira (squadron) 339 was mainly employed in the air to air role and its sister unit Mira 338 was air to ground so it wouldn't really have been accurate to hang loads of mud moving stuff off it.

Plus most of pics i have seen of these jets have similar loadout to the one i did, probably from airshows me thinks.  

• Like 1

Really great job. I’ve seen photos of really dirty Greek F-4s so I think yours looks fantastic. 

One question - What did you use for the landing gear downlocks?  In the WIP topic it looks like you just painted the retraction cylinders red, but did you put a sleeve over them?  

• Like 1