Africa GB chat

Col.

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

Yes!

South Afrikan Cheetah maybe? Or a Grpen two-seater ?

Or something Egyptian or, Lybian would fit my bill!

Wait there is also the strange aireal  skimishes and bloody wars between Eritrea and Ethopia! - remember MiG-29 vs. Su-27a

Yes. Yes.

Yes. Yes.

Yes. Yes :) 

Absolutely, yes, all interesting choices with uncommon colourschemes and markings with great weathering opportunities on some :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

Make that a 30!

My Gripen stash goes SAAF!

Excellent! You are indeed Number 30 and, as @Wez and @Enzo Matrix also say, you bring us to the point of entering the November vote :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Wait, did I forget to sign up to this one?

spacer.png

I've got this decal sheet and 8 Eduard Fishbeds (including two Retrokit UM conversions) so I should be able to find something...

You're signed up now Tim :D Nice selection of markings on that sheet :thumbsup:

On 13/06/2020 at 12:54, Tim R-T-C said:

Wait, did I forget to sign up to this one?

spacer.png

I've got this decal sheet and 8 Eduard Fishbeds (including two Retrokit UM conversions) so I should be able to find something...

W.W.E.M.D :winkgrin:

• Haha 3

On 6/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

@Col., go on then, sign me up, I’m always up for the annual erm.......bum fight 

Delighted to include you :D 

Which takes us to 32 names now and a place in the Bum Fight!

On 6/21/2020 at 5:25 AM, Grandboof said:

Oh well I am already going Nordic may as well go to Africa . 

Martin H

A short trip south to warmer climes Martin. Perhaps @Enzo Matrix will organise the calendar to suit an African winter and Nordic summer?

On 6/21/2020 at 5:53 AM, Daniel said:

Definitely me too. I’m currently residing in Johannesburg for the foreseeable so plenty of local options available 

Dan 

That seems as good a reason as any to do a South African subject Dan.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

How's this one doing? I'm dead keen to get another African out there!!! :)

Martin

We've got the votes to get on the ballot.  Now the waiting game until November for the annual bumfight.  The voting will detirmine the 7(ish) GBs that will make it to the 2021 GB calendar along w/ the STGB (single type group build), KUTA (kick up the bum), 2-3 Blitzbuilds, and any special anniversary GBs our fearless leader deems appropriate (I think GW1/Desert Storm/Op Granby is coming next year).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm in. Just had a bit of an Su-27 lightbulb moment - one of my favourite aircraft yet I've never built one - so an Su-27 or Su-30 from one of the African air forces seems like a good idea.

• Like 2

What should be the degree of readiness of the model to participate in this GB?  

Of course, I could deceive everyone by publishing the photos of the construction process I made earlier, but I don't see the point in this, why?

So the question.

B.R.

Serge 

P.S.

In my collection, this is the only model of an plane built in Africa....probably it's only independent building African plane my thematic.

• Like 1

A handful of things come to mind for me - Gabonese T-6 Texan, Libyan Aero L-39 or possibly even the Katangan Fouga Magister that attacked the Irish contingent at Jadotville.  I think Joe Maxwell's sheet for the Magister, which covers some African nations, is still available.  I'd like to give this one a go please.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Aardvark said:

What should be the degree of readiness of the model to participate in this GB?  

Of course, I could deceive everyone by publishing the photos of the construction process I made earlier, but I don't see the point in this, why?

So the question.

B.R.

Serge 

P.S.

In my collection, this is the only model of an plane built in Africa....probably it's only independent building African plane my thematic.

If I understand your question correctly Serge, the model should not be more than 25% built at the beginning of the GB, the hosts will provide the decision on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

If I understand your question correctly Serge, the model should not be more than 25% built at the beginning of the GB,

1. You all correctly understand.

2. On today, model have almoust full assembling fuselage without intake,

wing*, tail*, fin*, canopy*, and ofcource without wheel details at the current stage, the model is slow and thoughtful 🏯rivetering, I think this over 25 %?

But as I wrote, I have a photo of the main stages of the assembly with modifications ... so let them decide hosts...

B.R.

Serge

* - the manufacturer made these parts in one piece.

On 8/28/2020 at 5:45 PM, Bbdave said:

I think i have something I could join in with so put me down.

Dave

On 8/29/2020 at 12:23 AM, zebra said:

I'm in. Just had a bit of an Su-27 lightbulb moment - one of my favourite aircraft yet I've never built one - so an Su-27 or Su-30 from one of the African air forces seems like a good idea.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:42 AM, JosephLalor said:

A handful of things come to mind for me - Gabonese T-6 Texan, Libyan Aero L-39 or possibly even the Katangan Fouga Magister that attacked the Irish contingent at Jadotville.  I think Joe Maxwell's sheet for the Magister, which covers some African nations, is still available.  I'd like to give this one a go please.

Added your names to the list lads :thumbsup:

On 8/29/2020 at 10:44 AM, Aardvark said:

1. You all correctly understand.

2. On today, model have almoust full assembling fuselage without intake,

wing*, tail*, fin*, canopy*, and ofcource without wheel details at the current stage, the model is slow and thoughtful 🏯rivetering, I think this over 25 %?

But as I wrote, I have a photo of the main stages of the assembly with modifications ... so let them decide hosts...

B.R.

Serge

* - the manufacturer made these parts in one piece.

If the model consists of only a small number of parts or one large part to which small parts and lots of detail must be added before painting and decalling then I'm happy to consider that within the 25% of work required cut-off :) 

1 hour ago, Col. said:

If the model consists of only a small number of parts or one large part to which small parts and lots of detail must be added before painting and decalling then I'm happy to consider that within the 25% of work required cut-off :) 

Model contains very little details - only 90😉😁 by today's standards, almost as one detail! 😁😁😁

Very, very little detail, like the plane itself, Folland Gnat is a giant compared to it, almost! 😁😁

O.K. I understand....but I have no other African aircraft and will not, from the word "absolutely"!

🤗

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Model contains very little details - only 90😉😁 by today's standards, almost as one detail! 😁😁😁

Very, very little detail, like the plane itself, Folland Gnat is a giant compared to it, almost! 😁😁

O.K. I understand....but I have no other African aircraft and will not, from the word "absolutely"!

🤗

B.R.

Serge 

I'm still not saying no to this project yet Serge. Care to share a photo or two and help me decide?

44 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm still not saying no to this project yet Serge. Care to share a photo or two and help me decide?

Of course yes, but first I need to clear some minimal space on my desktop to take pictures of the current state of the object.

Early photos showing the stages of building can be sent to You in PM after I upload them to the photo hosting, however, You have already seen some of them personally! 😉😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1