Africa GB chat

Col.

21 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

So this is an addictive GB thats for sure. All three projects on my desk are currently African...!

There's such a variety of interesting, colourful, unusual subjects we could have kept this GB going all year and still hardly began to explore its true extent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I missed out on partaking in this GB.  Too much work recently combined w/ too many irons in the fire and a really slow build pace resulted in sacrifices having to be made.  I did see some peeps representing the MiG-21 contingent, so all was not lost.  I have been enjoying following the builds though.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Definitely a hardly ever ending field of possibilities!

Africa is just such a diverse area, a more so over the last 70 years....

Will not manage to finish mine during this week, but still happy to have participated!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, exdraken said:

Definitely a hardly ever ending field of possibilities!

Africa is just such a diverse area, a more so over the last 70 years....

Will not manage to finish mine during this week, but still happy to have participated!

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you'll not get your project finished in time Werner but I'm glad to know you enjoyed participating :) 

• Like 1

No sign of an extension then? This hot humid weather has stopped me from putting the finishing coat of varnish on my 110 - guess I will have to get up extra early in the morning to do it!

Pete

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PeterB said:

No sign of an extension then? This hot humid weather has stopped me from putting the finishing coat of varnish on my 110 - guess I will have to get up extra early in the morning to do it!

Pete

Let me have a chat with @Enzo Matrix and gather his thoughts on the subject Pete...

4 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

With amazing timing my IL-28 has finally left the airlines care and is at Langley where HM Govt decide how much ransom I'll have to pay. Better late than never I suppose.

In good time for the second edition of Africa some day in the future ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Public Service Announcement

Our great and glorious leader, Enzo the Gracious, has granted us a two week extension to our GB. We now have until the 27th of this month to get those projects finished.

All Praise Enzo! :mike:

Edited by Col.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

11 hours ago, Col. said:

Our great and glorious leader, Enzo the Gracious, has granted us a two week extension to our GB. We now have until the 27th of this month to get those projects finished.

Huzzah!

Still aiming to finish Algeria and Lybia by the weekend but that Spanish Bristol needs a little more work.

Did someone say time for a cheeky Eritrean scene?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Col. said:

Thanks Col and Enzo.

I could probably have managed as it has gone a bit cooler, but I could see a few others were struggling a bit, and it would be a shame if they could not get them in the Gallery for the sake of a few days more.

Pete

• Like 3

Phew, finally finished my last vignette. It has been a really fun GB and great support from the hosts.

Still got the parts for an Eritrean and Zimbabwean scene, but I think I'll hold those until time allows in the future.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Phew, finally finished my last vignette. It has been a really fun GB and great support from the hosts.

Still got the parts for an Eritrean and Zimbabwean scene, but I think I'll hold those until time allows in the future.

Africa II GB? :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With this GB now officially finished I want to make an opportunity to thank everyone who participated and made it such an enjoyable event. We've seen a wide variety of subjects covered and told something of Africa's story over the past few months. In particular I'd like to thank @Robert Stuart for providing us with a fascinating insight to the various numbers within our GB. Perhaps we can all do this again sometime in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Col . This has been great fun . Another African Safari would be welcome . Thanks all for an enjoyable and educational journey .

Martin H

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, spejic said:

Are we going to get a vote in the Gallery thread?

Due to the sheer number of entrants in recent GBs creating a poll has proved impossible but it would be possible here if there is sufficient desire. Over to you gang - do we?