Africa GB chat

Col.

8 hours ago, Col. said:

While it's well over the 25% stage Martin I'd be delighted if you were to continue it here, so long as you don't post any photos in the gallery thread, as I'm sure many of us will enjoy watching your continued progress and take inspiration from it. 

Well, Col, I may well take up your offer. I would be concerned that it breaks the rules but on the terms you set out I guess everyone would accept it. To be honest there is little more to do now. At present I am awaiting the replacement decals. 

Martin

• Like 1

Just had a notification that I was mentioned in the thread post about those who have signed up. I will now sit this one out as I have a project on the go that has eight build waiting and none of them have any connection to Africa. They will find a place in either unarmed or not injection GB's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...I see my name there.....unfortunately I'll be missing in action for this one....dance card way to full!

That's a pity Rich but your two projects in the ANZAC GB are deserving of your full attention and I know how busy GB moderating is ;) 

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, Col, I may well take up your offer. I would be concerned that it breaks the rules but on the terms you set out I guess everyone would accept it. To be honest there is little more to do now. At present I am awaiting the replacement decals. 

Martin

I'm sure your subject choice and the quality of work you've done on it will provide considerable inspiration to us here. Perhaps we need an Inspiration Gallery thread where we can display our previously completed eligible projects :hmmm:

2 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Just had a notification that I was mentioned in the thread post about those who have signed up. I will now sit this one out as I have a project on the go that has eight build waiting and none of them have any connection to Africa. They will find a place in either unarmed or not injection GB's.

Sorry to hear that Paul but understandable in the circumstances. Good luck with you project :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Col. said:

Perhaps we need an Inspiration Gallery thread where we can display our previously completed eligible projects :hmmm:

You really are too generous in your comments, mate. I see many, many great modellers on BM who are light years ahead of me. Nevertheless, it is really appreciated. Thank you.

Martin

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

You really are too generous in your comments, mate. I see many, many great modellers on BM who are light years ahead of me. Nevertheless, it is really appreciated. Thank you.

Martin

My pleasure Martin. You do realise that, just as you look to the work of others and wish to emulate their standards, there are many who look upon your work as an inspiration and wish to emulate your standards?

• Like 1

Right gang, I'd like to consult your opinion on something if I may;

We have the long established 25% Rule by which any eligible GB project must be no more advanced than that stage. It's a perfectly fair rule that has served us well and I'm not looking to overturn it. What I would, however, like to propose is that we accept more advanced projects into the GB which will still be excluded from the final poll but instead can be displayed in a different gallery upon completion - perhaps along side other previous completed projects in an Inspiration Gallery.

Does anyone have strong opinions on this they wish to air?

• Like 7

On 15/02/2021 at 11:03, Col. said:

@helios16v, @trickyrich, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Marlin, @Rabbit Leader, @Erwin@franky boy, @Valkyrie, @JOCKNEY, @Angus Tura, @jean, @CliffB, @gary from darwin, @Wez, @RidgeRunner, @modelling minion, @Arniec, @TEMPESTMK5, @Paul821, @fatfingers, @SleeperService, @Giorgio N, @John, @Shashman, @Stephen, @exdraken, @Tim R-T-C, @Hockeyboy76, @Grandboof, @Daniel, @Bbdave, @zebra, @Aardvark, @JosephLalor, @Roland Pulfrew, @Foxbat, @stevehnz, @Anthony Kesterton, @Smudge, @ajmm, @Hewy, @Beazer, @AaronKSJ, @DaveJL, @Mach82, @mitchem, @Touvdal, @tangerine_sedge

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix we have a GB up and running gang :yahoo: @vppelt68 has already fired up his thread so has a head start on us all :lol: Obviously we're still in the 'phoney war' stage until the 20th but feel free to set up your own individual threads in the meantime :) 

Great News!

The renovation of our appartment building has been postponed for at least six months, and the building plan/order have been reversed. 

So I just got a whole year to continue building my kits before I have to pack up everything. 

So I can participate in this GB after all. 

I'll start a WIP thread with either a MiG-17 or a Mig-21 as soon as I have found the kit in the stash. 

/Bosse - who's wondering about a Braai for this GB. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Col. said:

We have the long established 25% Rule by which any eligible GB project must be no more advanced than that stage. It's a perfectly fair rule that has served us well and I'm not looking to overturn it. What I would, however, like to propose is that we accept more advanced projects into the GB which will still be excluded from the final poll but instead can be displayed in a different gallery upon completion - perhaps along side other previous completed projects in an Inspiration Gallery.

Sounds absolutely fair to me.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Lightweight!

:tease:

...and you still haven't returned the drinks trolley.

9 hours ago, Col. said:

I think it is quite ok to have builds that are greater than 25%, it helps make the build a bit more inclusive and could help some stalled builds.

I'd be happy to take it to 50% and make a judgement call on those that are greater. 

Having a separate gallery is a good idea...... though I can see poor old Admin (aka Ezno the Great.... has anyone seen him of late?) being busy moving builds around the gallery for those who may have stuffed up in gallery posting!!! No names mentioned....  :whistle:  :D 

8 hours ago, Marlin said:

trust you to think about food........... bugger now you've made me think about it!!!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Marlin said:

Do it! Do it, do it, do it :D 

2 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

I wish I could be sensible🤔🙄

Where's the fun in that? :lol:

• Haha 2

Hi Col

Are you keeping track of what countries are being covered in Africa by the GB subjects so far ?

Would be great to try and cover them all if possible. 

Name changes during their history not withstanding  !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Col

Are you keeping track of what countries are being covered in Africa by the GB subjects so far ?

Would be great to try and cover them all if possible. 

Name changes during their history not withstanding  !

Cheers Pat 

A great idea, Pat :) 

• Like 1

If we could encourage @JeroenS into this GB he performed miracles in the recent Heller Classic GB as far as recording and tracking builds was concerned. 

I'm confident he would know a way to do this.

The best I can think of with my Luddite IT skills is start a list in alphabetical order on a separate pinned thread, each person adds their build location to form the list.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I tried for five minutes to find an online list of African countries in alphabetical order. I found several, but none of them was a list of pure text only, without a link to <something> 

Does this one work ? Territories and regions section. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1