Africa GB chat

Col.

7 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Israel isn’t Africa, mate. How about venturing beyond the stream of IDF/AF builds that we see and go wild ..... how about South African? Angolan? ;)

I know Israel isn't in Africa.  Just making some discussion, as certain pieces were operated in African soil/skies.

I'm looking at an Egyptian build myself (already have kit/decals).

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Wez said:

Yes please, count me in, @RidgeRunner build of his Gabonese Skyraider serves as great inspiration for this.

Assuming this gets the numbers and then through the poll (and I can see no reason why it won't, such an appealing subject), then if you want a co-host I'm happy to throw my hat into the ring!

Fancy an Alpha Jet for this one, or maybe a G-91, or an Invader, or...

Cool, I'll hold you to that offer thanks Wez, now as for your potential subject choices... W.W.E.M.D ;) 

30 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Israeli aircraft/armor that deployed in & above Egypt/Sinai during the various conflicts fair game?

Yes. If it happened in the continent of Africa at any point during its history then it's good.

28 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’m in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks,Wez @Wez

Welcome into Africa :D 

25 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Israel isn’t Africa, mate. How about venturing beyond the stream of IDF/AF builds that we see and go wild ..... how about South African? Angolan? ;)

No but they've had a fair few away games there ;) 

15 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I know Israel isn't in Africa.  Just making some discussion, as certain pieces were operated in African soil/skies.
I'm looking at an Egyptian build myself (already have kit/decals).

It's a valid point and one worth expanding upon. Operations by foreign nations within Africa is all part of its history and, let's be honest here, it's been a big part of its history at that. As a result I'm happy to see that side of Africa's story told through our models.

1 minute ago, Col. said:

now as for your potential subject choices... W.W.E.M.D

He'd finish his models, I wouldn't if I took that approach.

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Operations by foreign nations within Africa is all part of its history and, let's be honest here, it's been a big part of its history at that. As a result I'm happy to see that side of Africa's story told through our models.

I'm torn between something by an indigenous operator or a colonial power, plenty of options and as you say, it's all part of the story.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wez said:

He'd finish his models, I wouldn't if I took that approach.

Aye but he'd not post many updates between the initial box shot and gallery to interupt his progress :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Wez said:

I'm torn between something by an indigenous operator or a colonial power, plenty of options and as you say, it's all part of the story.

Dogfight double?

Right at this moment I'm looking at suitable decal options for the new MiG-17 from Airfix. Turns out I need at least four more kits and we're not out of Africa yet...

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

You can add my name to the list Col, I've got far too many options to choose from so I'll resist the temptation to pick one at the moment as it is bound to change nearer to the time!

You're quite right about making choices at this stage, sure as hell my choice will go through several changes before I settle on one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You can add my name to the list Col, I've got far too many options to choose from so I'll resist the temptation to pick one at the moment as it is bound to change nearer to the time!

Job done as number 19th on our list :) 

9 minutes ago, Wez said:

You're quite right about making choices at this stage, sure as hell my choice will go through several changes before I settle on one.

Remember we can pick any subject from land, sea, and air with a civilian or military background.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

I hope that this one will prove as popular as the Nordic GB, there are lots more countries to choose from.

If this proves to be so I'm going to be busy! :blink2:

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

I am in as well. I think I have got some Egyptian/Libian airplanes somewhere.

Cheers

Either or both is good options for this one :) 

4 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah, thats my cue ...... I have an idea ;)

Martin

Good to know I'm inspiring ideas for something a little less common :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Good to know I'm inspiring ideas for something a little less common :) 

What I have in mind is definetly less common, Col :) .... A twin prop :)

Martin

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

What I have in mind is definetly less common, Col :) .... A twin prop :)

Martin

Cool, this does sound interesting, hopefully we'll get the numbers and votes to make this one happen :) 

Good morning Col

Please count me in , regarding the colonial power I have some subjects in my stash as the French Armée de l'Air aicraft were quite busy during the Algerian "operations" , I might also be tempted by an Israeli Air Force subject ..

Patrice

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

When I say "twin prop", @col, I dont mean Invader ;). My idea is a non-combat machine :). It is something thT even Moa might like! ;)

Martin

This does sound good Martin :D Glad to see some civil subjects coming through.

13 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Col

Please count me in , regarding the colonial power I have some subjects in my stash as the French Armée de l'Air aicraft were quite busy during the Algerian "operations" , I might also be tempted by an Israeli Air Force subject ..

Patrice

Good morning Patrice and welcome :) 

Be great to see some examples from France's story in North Africa and her Algerian adventures :speak_cool:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Col. said:

civil subjects coming through.

Er ..... I didn't say civil ;)... Moa might just like the type, not the colours ;). Then I might change my mind and maybe a French Invader.... That seems to fit the accepted theme :)

Martin

37 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Er ..... I didn't say civil ;)... Moa might just like the type, not the colours ;). Then I might change my mind and maybe a French Invader.... That seems to fit the accepted theme :)

Martin

So not an Invader and not necessarily a civil subject but a twin-prop non-combat type :hmmm:Plus an Armee de l'Air Invader. Both sound cool to me even if @Moamay not agree :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Although I’m now tempted to finally get my Broussard out :)

That would certainly make for an uncommon subject. Didn't realise there was a kit at all for the Broussard.

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Although I’m now tempted to finally get my Broussard out :)

:yikes: Ooh Err Missus!

58 minutes ago, Col. said:

That would certainly make for an uncommon subject. Didn't realise there was a kit at all for the Broussard.

Steve @Army_Air_Force made some, I've got one too!

See this thread.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I’ve always fancied an Egyptian Rafale....

Can't blame you. Is there decals available for those yet?

• Like 1