Spitfire IXc MA466 BQ-S 451 Sqn RAAF 1/72

This is my current favourite kit, the Eduard Spitfire IXc in the late edition with narrow cannon bulges. The inspiration came from this wellknown image:

JDoQYiQM_o.jpg

gZPYpmby_o.jpg

HSn6cUz0_o.jpg

xNCqPMc3_o.jpg

J3JW4Xj7_o.jpg

mNmMLyRB_o.jpg

Model is airbrushed with Xtracolor enamels and covered with an acrylic semigloss. I know it should have been weathered a bit, but looking at the photo and seeing how clean the original was, I could not bring myself to it 😀

The kit goes together very tightly; you learn that if the fit is off, then you have made some mistake. Once corrected, the fit is spot on. And yes, there are lots and lots of very tiny parts that goes into that cockpit.

The real challenge and ultimate modellers test is to mount the rear view mirror. Let me see a show of hands, how many of you has done it successfully?

Enjoy

/Finn

• Like 33

Well done indeed!

I kept flipping back from model to historic photo and back and back again and back!!!

Thanks for posting a lovely Aussie Spitfire and since I'm born in April 1966..... (466) its even better for me!

Cheers

• Like 1

Very nicely built model. A convincing degree of weathering too.

It's a pity the decal designer didn't actually check the same picture as you though, the shapes of the letters in the codes, particularly the B, are quite different!

Cheers

Will

• Like 1

19 hours ago, malpaso said:

Very nicely built model. A convincing degree of weathering too.

It's a pity the decal designer didn't actually check the same picture as you though, the shapes of the letters in the codes, particularly the B, are quite different!

Cheers

Will

Thanks, this is one of my better efforts, but still.

Yes, the decal designer should have studied the image more closely and not just identify a font that looked somewhat similar. Oh well...

/Finn  

• Like 1