2 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

drab line utilitarian missile jets 

My kind of 'cat....!!

Cracking job Tony, lovely paint and weathering, and those nozzle detail decals are genious! I think you could have a market for them!

Keith

• Thanks 1

That's a great finish Tony and it was a treat to watch your progress on this build, what with it being a new kit and all...

I hope that your build inspires someone at Academy to release more boxings of this kit, releases featuring markings for units that operated both the A and A+/B variants over the years, e.g. VF-74 & VF-103 (see what I did there Tony - went straight to units with a 'AA' tailcode!) . It seems a shame to not exploit the presence of so many parts in the one kit.

cheers,

Andrew.

• Haha 1

Tony Tony Tony!

That is just amazing

I think Academy do a great quality, value for money kit in 1/72........  but you have seriously taken that bird to another level.

Love it

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Once again I'm amazed at the cockpit detail that can be added to something as small as 1/72 scale. Your model is beautiful, a real attention getter.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Fantastic work Tony, do tell us how you created that worn mottled look on the paint job?

Regards

Andrew

Basically mate it was black basing then going over and spraying some touch ups here and there with a lighter shade. Lastly was some spot filters to lighten and darken certain panels to add some variation. More details in the wip link. 

Tony