Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster

Hi all, this is my recently (last summer) finished 1/48 Lancaster. The kit is nice, made nicer with the Eduard photo etch extra interior and resin gun barrels, but is still a bit of a pain. There are the issues others have covered in the past with the engine nacelles not fitting properly etc and the fact that the surface detail is all raised. I actually quite like the raised detail - especially the rivets - but they disappear when you sand them off 🤦‍♂️. I reproduced the raised panel lines with some Mr Surfacer between masking tape which seemed to work OK. I didn't have it in me to try with the rivets. The kit didn't come with a bomb sight which I though was a bit odd as that's all you can see through the front, so I made my own crude representation. It's not brilliant but it's something to look at. I also put in 4 electric motors to make the propellers spin: obviously. I've had them a while with the intention of doing it at some point - the lanc seemed like the perfect kit. I didn't want it fixed to a base though so I crammed 4 AA batteries in the bomb bay! Thankfully it still works :)

spacer.png

Cheers

Edited by Captain Obvious

Nice Lanc Cap :)

A quick point about the size of your pics though.  They're taking ages to load and displaying that flickering grey placeholder, so I checked one, finding it was 1.3mb in size, which explains it.  That's WAY above the recommended size for a pic.  We suggest 1024 x 800 maximum in terms of pixel size, and try to keep your file size to around 200kb, or 0.2mb to put that into context with your 1.3mb picture.  We've found that this size maximises detail and speed of loading so that they appear almost instant.  With delays our modern butterfly brains get bored and people will click away from the thread in frustration.  We don't want that, which is why I'm mentioning it to you now  ;)

22 hours ago, Mike said:

Nice Lanc Cap :)

A quick point about the size of your pics though.  They're taking ages to load and displaying that flickering grey placeholder, so I checked one, finding it was 1.3mb in size, which explains it.  That's WAY above the recommended size for a pic.  We suggest 1024 x 800 maximum in terms of pixel size, and try to keep your file size to around 200kb, or 0.2mb to put that into context with your 1.3mb picture.  We've found that this size maximises detail and speed of loading so that they appear almost instant.  With delays our modern butterfly brains get bored and people will click away from the thread in frustration.  We don't want that, which is why I'm mentioning it to you now  ;)

Cheers Mike I didn't know that, I'll scale them down next time.

• Thanks 1